BARfest III?

I'd like to second the Porcupine Tree...I can't believe I forgot them!

Spock's Beard would be cool.

Also, I'm pretty tight with the guys from Fair to Midland, so if you think they might be a fit, let me know and I will put you in touch with them.:kickass:

20 Suggestions, in no particular order, only 10 needed, and any ten of these would be kick ass awesome for the next BARFEST, good mix of ones I'd like to see again and some that haven't been seen over here...

Zero Hour (An absolute must for every BARFest, period!)
Pagan's Mind
Circus Maximus
Riverside
Anathema
Sieges Even
Epica
After Forever
Hammerfall
Communic
Primal Fear
Firewind
Avian
Beyond Twilight
Frost
Arena
Thought Chamber
LTE (again!)
Porcupine Tree
Devin Townsend

Symphony X
A Prelude to Tragedy
(okay, who didn't see those two coming? :lol:)
Tarot
Freak Kitchen
Dead Soul Tribe
Andre Matos
Lana Lane
Powerquest
Porcupine Tree

FUTURES END
THE ELEMENT
POINTS NOITH
MINDFLOW

MAYBE JUST HAVE A BRAZILLIAN NIGHT AND A EUROPIAN NIGHT WITH LOCAL FILLS :headbang:

Alright, well here is what i was dreaming about earlier today.....

BARfest III Line-Up:

Friday:

Cea Serin
Seventh Wonder
Aghora
Zero Hour
Shadow Gallery

Saturday:

Canvas Solaris
Suspyre
Redemption
Andromeda
Threshold

Again, i can't help but dream up flawless metal heavy line-ups like this.

I'll list some more bands that i would love to see(in alphabetical order of course):

7for4
Adagio
Angra
Ashent
Beyond Twilight
Blotted Science
Circus Maximus
Communic
Counter-World Experience
DGM
Dream Theater
Evergrey
Everon
Fair to Midland
Falconer
Frost*
Jadis
Lord of Mushrooms
Opeth
Pagan's Mind
Pain of Salvation
Panzerballett
Planet X
Presto Ballet
Pyramaze
Rishloo
Riverside
Satellite
Sieges Even
Space Odyssey
Symphony X
To Mera
Vanishing Point

I'm sure there are many more that i am forgetting. I quickly generated that list by scrolling through my recent playlists. :cool:

Alright, well here is what i was dreaming about earlier today.....

BARfest III Line-Up:

Friday:

Cea Serin
Seventh Wonder
Aghora
Zero Hour
Shadow Gallery

Well, that really is a dream ... Shadow Gallery will probably never play live. :) They have been offered lots of money for festival gigs in the past and have turned them down. It's a real unfortunate thing.

How about some talk about possible sponsorship and details regarding this issue. The fest is over two months past now. At very least, we can start some sort of discussion about what would be some good criteria for such a thing. I think some sort of sponsor's program would be huge in helping this festival to continue strong into the future. Throw me a frickin' bone here! :D

God I love these guys-- Im pretty sure they have broken up now-- Light of Day is in my all time favorites-- the last live DVD was haunting as well--

Yeah I've heard the same thing... But I say never say never!!! :lol::headbang:

Light Of Day Day Of Darkness is one of my all time favorites as well and I love The Quiet Offspring...

Yeah I've heard the same thing... But I say never say never!!! :lol::headbang:

Light Of Day Day Of Darkness is one of my all time favorites as well and I love The Quiet Offspring...

For anyone interested, The End Records had Green Carnation's "The Quiet Offspring" for sale for only like $6! That's a deal! I might get me one. :)

Also, for the lighter side of things we should get Everon to play this festival! I'm really digging this band lately!

http://www.myspace.com/everonband

Either them or Frost! Their new stuff sounds awesome!

http://www.myspace.com/planetfrost

I think having Votum at BARFest III would be amazing. They're a great new band and I think they could bring the same enthusiasm that Darkwater brought to last year's show. I doubt they've ever been to the USA either. Check them out (I discovered them through myspace). http://www.myspace.com/votumband

Other great bands I would like to see are:

Dead Soul Tribe
Circus Maximus
Porcupine Tree
Anathema (now that someone mentioned it)
Riverside
Frantic Bleep
OSI (Is that even possible? They would be a great contrast to LTE)

I think having Votum at BARFest III would be amazing. They're a great new band and I think they could bring the same enthusiasm that Darkwater brought to last year's show. I doubt they've ever been to the USA either. Check them out (I discovered them through myspace). http://www.myspace.com/votumband

Other great bands I would like to see are:

Dead Soul Tribe
Circus Maximus
Porcupine Tree
Anathema (now that someone mentioned it)
Riverside
Frantic Bleep
OSI (Is that even possible? They would be a great contrast to LTE)

Votum and Riverside together would be pretty amazing! Throw in Symphony X, Suspyre, Seventh Wonder, Andromeda, Aghora and top it off with bringing back Concerto Moon!!! :worship:

Hopefully a couple of your suugestions will become reality. :cool:

Presto Ballet (Pacific Coast and domestic)
Cryptic Vision (progressive rock from Florida - these guys are really underrated)
Magic Pie (lighter traditional progressive rock)
Stride (technically they disbanded but one can hope for a reunion)
Seventh Wonder (great progressive metal)
Neal Morse (his solo albums are getting better and better. One of the best progressive musicians and nearby in California)
Dixie Dregs or Steve Morse Band (enough said)