Bass in Evergrey songs...

MetalBanger

The Encounter
Apr 1, 2004
Belgium
Hi there! I like a lot of bands and ofcource Evergrey!
And in every song of each band I can get the bass riff out.
But I can't hear a bass in Evergrey songs...
am I deaf or do you hear the bass good?

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who noticed this. I think it's just sort of a metal thing, rather than just an Evergrey thing.

Solitude*Dominance*Tragedy said:
Yeah it is kinda hard to hear bass, it is usually drowned out by other stuff, but if it is gone you will notice it. Some bands don't always use a bass though, like Demons & Wizards(Iced Earth + Blind Guardian= D & W), Jon Shaffer plays the bass and the rythm guitar, while Jim Morris plays the lead guitar.
What do you mean not all bands use bass, and why are you using Demons and Wizards as an example?

He means exactly waht he says....some bands do not use bass guitar all the time and some never use it at all. I haven't heard Demons and Wizards, but I'm assuming from the example they are one such band.

I haven't really noticed the bass lacking on EG songs. In fact there are several songs that I've noticed that I like the bass parts a lot.

I dont know what you people are talking about i can always hear the bass my be its becuse im a bass player. But you have 2 relize lots of the time the bass is playing the same notes as the guitar rythems and lots of the time its fast finger picking stuff 2 hold the beat and parts but in Evergreys stuff i hear lots of runs and stuff like in Blinded.

Thats my 2 cents