BASSISTS!

realize when i said i had 20-30 soft synths :lol:

all though synth1 was free so that makes everything all better.

actually for acid/trance/trip synth1 is a nice program, it's a virtual analog of sorts and there plenty of libraries people have made for different styles of music, i have the techno and 80's bands right now.

I spoke to the *maybe* new guitarist today. He wrecked his car a few weeks ago, had to have surgery, and put his guitar in the shop. We call this "sfiga", which is basically really bad luck. Now he's getting a new car next week, his axe back from the technician, and is healing up nicely after his minor surgery and chomping at the bit to learn our stuff. The fucker even cut his hair.

This dude's serious and hopefully is the answer and help I've been needing. I think we'll practice together in February, all of us. My guitarist in my other alternative rock band is also a professional sound engineer and has volunteered his services as our full-time sound engineer/programmer for live dates.

Seriously, the only thing left is to teach the guitarist the parts, memorize the changes myself, and we're ready.

I spoke to the *maybe* new guitarist today. He wrecked his car a few weeks ago, had to have surgery, and put his guitar in the shop. We call this "sfiga", which is basically really bad luck. Now he's getting a new car next week, his axe back from the technician, and is healing up nicely after his minor surgery and chomping at the bit to learn our stuff. The fucker even cut his hair.

This dude's serious and hopefully is the answer and help I've been needing. I think we'll practice together in February, all of us. My guitarist in my other alternative rock band is also a professional sound engineer and has volunteered his services as our full-time sound engineer/programmer for live dates.

Seriously, the only thing left is to teach the guitarist the parts, memorize the changes myself, and we're ready.

I wish for the best dude, I really do. Post a bulletin on myspace and I shall repost.

I play a Carvin Icon 5 and an old beater Fender Precision. I pretty much exclusively use DR Lo-Rider Nickel strings in 45/65/85/105/125 (which is the only 5 string set DR makes in that series).

I love my Fender MM sig jazz bass. I use DR strings they fucking own.

I have a crate practice amp, so no advice on the higher end of that topic.

I use mostly my Traben Phoenix 5 and Ibanez SRXHRG1. I use D'Addarios but now I'm curious about Elixirs. Right now I'm playing through either an old PA or a miced 10" Peavey depending on whose practice space we're using.

My amp is a 400 watt Marshall dynamic bass system.A Shecter diamond series 5-string(A gift from jeff loomis for playing europe and japan last year with nevermore..Thank,s guys)And my fave,A fender jazz bass with a hip shot installed on the E-string.And the strings i use are sometimes the rotosounds,but currently ernie ball super slinky 40-105 or custom gauge...