basswood + dimarzio tone clips

RandomOne

Dec 28, 2010
nowhere
hello,

sorry that i post a 2nd similar thread but.......

if anyone has dimarzio pickups on the bridge position of a basswood guitar please post a sound clip. i'm going get new pickups for my guitar and that's so difficult to decide...

thank you :D

i would like to say evolution. anyway if don't have a guitar with evolutions how do you know they're the best ones?

I have probably been playing guitar longer then you been alive ....lol

25 years.

In that time I have been through just about every pickup and guitar combination known to man. Especially when it comes to basswood guitars and dimarzio pickups. I have been an Ibanez player for almost 15 years and in that time have had every kind of Dimarzio pickup there is in my Ibanez guitars, unfortunately some time ago I sold of 90% of my shit to make room for my studio. I only have 1 guitar left and its a stock Ibanez that just sounds fantastic.

John Petrucci recorded Images and Words with a basswood Ibanez w/ a Tone Zone and Humbucker From Hell. Pull Me Under is a good example.

The Tone Zone is a great match for basswood, but can be a bit loose and has rolled back treble. Sounds especially good boosted IMO. The D-Sonic is another good choice, it's tighter and a bit brighter with just a bit more output.

Here's my favorite clip of the D-Sonic/Air Norton combo (though its in a poplar guitar, but the basic sound is the same)

Last edited by a moderator: