Bathory viking material live on stage?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
As I understand it, aside from a few shows between 83 & 85, Bathory never played live. Is that correct? So they never played their viking material live on stage? What a loss.

Listening to "One RODE to Asa Bay" makes me wonder just how incredible it would have been to hear it played live and loud. Has any band ever covered it faithfully?

In the meantime, here is the video to "One RODE...". :kickass:

That's what you get for wanting to stay grIm :|

In all seriousness, I do agree it is pretty sad that we'll never see Bathory live, at least not with his best material.

Hey everyone, have you met Randall Rodes?

axe_randy_rhoads.JPG

Susperia said:
In all seriousness, I do agree it is pretty sad that we'll never see Bathory live, at least not with his best material.

I think you can get bootlegs.

I assume nobody's ever seen a band play a Bathory cover then. So this stuff just gets archived away then. Shame that.

Maybe one day we'll see a band at Heathen Crusade play some Bathory...

Sabbath
Maiden
Priest
Slayer
Death
Mercyful Fate
Celtic Frost
Bathory*

* unlike all the other genre-defining influential bands, they never brought it to the stage. Neither do modern bands cover their music to the same degree as the other bands listed.

How odd.

Wait, are you saying that no one has ever played Viking-era Bathory live? When Quorthon died Moonsorrow did an entire tribute show. It was like... "Blood Fire Death" and onwards.

MFJ said:
Wait, are you saying that no one has ever played Viking-era Bathory live? When Quorthon died Moonsorrow did an entire tribute show. It was like... "Blood Fire Death" and onwards.

Actually this is what the thread was asking. Thanks. I assume that show has been bootlegged?

JayKeeley said:
Maybe one day we'll see a band at Heathen Crusade play some Bathory...

Really? I distinctly remember the second or third band, Dumah (???), DID play a Bathory song at the original HC.

You're not being sarcastic, are you? :err: