Thyrfing - Valdr Galga

Dark One said:
Ok - I never noticed it there. I'd be interested in hearing it I suppose.
I can YouSendIt my tape rip, I dunno if you would like it because it is 4 track as fukk but it is BLIZZARD and GRIM.

Erik said:
Musically it's very coherent and flows well, something that their later work sometimes is not, and I like to think that most songs are rather memorable. Nice Emperor/Enslaved worship.

Sounds excellent, care to upload a track or YouSendit the whole thing?

Erik said:
I can YouSendIt my tape rip, I dunno if you would like it because it is 4 track as fukk but it is BLIZZARD and GRIM.

Cool. I can handle that style, just not in large doses.

Also, I just want you know I have no problem with you whatsoever, it's just that sometimes your posts come across as condescending. The impression I was getting from your posts in response to what I wrote to Zod was "Ugh...man is this guy an idiot, he doesn't know what he's talking about and has his head up his ass, I'm going to correct him."

Wouldn't it have been easier to just write - "actually, they have an earlier demo out that you can download from their website and also, I disagree about "Tama..... " and think it's quite good".

Henrik: I don't think I have Tämä... ripped at the moment, I only have it on tape. They released it on CD a few years back, with some parts rerecorded, I haven't heard that version but it should be readily available on filesharing networks. Here is Metsä anyway:

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=22U1O7S4L0UDQ0IQO8HMGCTJY8

It would probably be my favourite, if it weren't too short. Only two proper songs...

Dark One said:
Wouldn't it have been easier to just write...
Not for me it wouldn't.

Erik said:
I think it's very far from terrible production-wise, but you have a point that Zod might not like it because you can hear some tape hiss (GASP) and the vocals are kinda nekro.
LOL. I appreciate that you realize I'm a total candy ass when it comes to production.:loco:

Zod

General Zod said:
That track just kicked my ass!

Zod

You know what though? I wonder if the same song numbering error gimmick happened to you as well with Valdr Galga? I really enjoy "Mimer's Well" (track 9 on the cd player, track 10 on the booklet), but damn if "A Great Man's Return" (track 10 on the cd player, track 11 on the booklet) isn't the track that's kicking my ass into submission.

Dark One said:
You know what though? I wonder if the same song numbering error gimmick happened to you as well with Valdr Galga? I really enjoy "Mimer's Well" (track 9 on the cd player, track 10 on the booklet), but damn if "A Great Man's Return" (track 10 on the cd player, track 11 on the booklet) isn't the track that's kicking my ass into submission.
No. I was reading the lyrics. Strangely, reading along with lyrics often helps me wrap my mind around music.

Zod

General Zod said:
No. I was reading the lyrics. Strangely, reading along with lyrics often helps me wrap my mind around music.

Zod

Sure, really good lyrics can accentuate the experience. From Mindcrime to Morningrise, I always feel more intimately involved in a good way with an album when I'm reading great lyrics along with the killer music. Let's me really focus on an album too when I'm trying to concentrate on whether or not I like it.

Now I have to go back and listen to that Thyrfing song again dammit, since everyone's gushing about it so much. :)