Batman: Arkham Knight pulled from steam, plus a rumor

xphen0m

May 9, 2012
This is from Yahoo, but the article originally appeared on Gamespot

https://games.yahoo.com/news/batman-arkham-knight-voluntarily-being-011500784.html#

[Update] Batman: Arkham Knight's PC problems and the resulting repercussions have now spread to physical copies of the game. An employee for UK retailer Game has told Eurogamer that it is "not allowed to sell" the game as Warner Bros. has requested the retailer cease supplying the title while its problems are remedied.[Update ends]

After a string of reports about PC performance issues, Batman: Arkham Knight is being taken off the Steam store temporarily. The news was posted on Steam today by Gary Lake-Schaal, VP of Game Technology at Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. In it, he apologises for the performance issues being experienced by owners of the PC version of the game and states that future game sales will be suspended while they work out the problems. The same post was also made on the official Warner Bros. forums. GameSpot reached out to Warner Bros. who has confirmed the authenticity of the post.

The post opens with:

>"We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall"

Players are also reminded that they can flag issues they are experiencing in the game with Warner Bros. customer support. Refunds can also be requested via Steam or at the retailer where the game was purchased.

Earlier today it was reported that the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight was carrying a number of prominent bugs and glitches, especially for players who were using AMD graphics cards. Developer Rocksteady has released a statement in response to this, stating: "We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible."
Admittedly, I've never played any of the Batman: Arkham games but this will change when I plan to get Arkham Knight within the next month on PS4. I heard the game is great, IGN gave it a 9.2/10 but they're part of some games' hype machines, in my opinion.

Does anyone here have it? What do you think of it? Are the console versions as f***ed up at the PC version apparently is?

A person who has the PC version told me that it is an absolute MESS and this was a huge disservice to PC gamers.

RUMOR:

The Arkham collection from last gen is being remastered for current gen as a collection.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/23/rumor-batman-arkham-collection-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4

I have been wanting to play the Arkham games for a long, long time and this is something I think I'll take advantage of: if it happens. I could just buy the past games on Xbox 360 but I really need more games for my PS4.

the previous arkham games are great and are perfect on PC. this is why i don't pre order anything - early adopters always get fucked. apparently they outsourced the PC version to a third-party. unfortunately unfinished games are common place these days across all platforms and it fucking sucks.

I happen to have Arkham Origins (came free with a card upgrade) and it's quite boring. If that new one is anything like it, I'd say don't bother.

I happen to have Arkham Origins (came free with a card upgrade) and it's quite boring. If that new one is anything like it, I'd say don't bother.

Very true. So boring that I didnt even completed 20% of the game. Arkham asylum still is the best IMO.

Batman nerd speaking. I had a feeling about pre-ordering AK on PC. Glad that I decided to wait.
Arkham Origins was developed by a different company (WB subdivision) and it is indeed kinda boring at times, but has its moments nonetheless. And the christmas spirit obviously. AA and AC are the shit. Asylum has that claustrophobic feeling that I got reading the eponymous graphic novel, though not as messed up. Reminds me of the atmosphere in The Suffering.

The PC port is an abomination, though they did release a patch that fixed some issues.

Capping at 30 FPS though is a joke in itself, glad I don't really game that much anymore (so I didn't buy this day one) or I would have been ten times more upset.

The PC port is an abomination, though they did release a patch that fixed some issues.

Capping at 30 FPS though is a joke in itself, glad I don't really game that much anymore (so I didn't buy this day one) or I would have been ten times more upset.

You can just uncap the framerate in a .ini file in the game's folder from what I've read. But yeah a port of that quality and the chore of manually changing the ini file in 2015 is not acceptable. The good thing is that this story has gone mainstream so maybe other devs and publishers learn that you don't piss on your customers.

I miss those days. Developers have gotten fucking lazy these days.

i think a lot of it has to do with games being HUGE nowadays compared to a few years ago. games used to be made with a very small team, now they have separate fucking departments!

when put under pressure by publishers to get the product out ASAP, then of course there are going to be problems somewhere. just like everything else in our modern age, it's all a race to the bottom in order to save a few bucks anywhere they can.

I got AK at the end of June and absolutely LOVE it. I'm not a huge gamer and admittedly I haven't played the previous Arkham games, but after playing this, I want to go back and play AA and AC. There's a rumor that those two will be remastered for current gen in time for Christmas this year.