Battery, DFHS, or Drumagog?

johnjm22

Dec 28, 2005
www.chrysalismusic.net
I've been using Sound Replacer to replace/augment my kick, snare, and tom tracks for the past few years. It's okay, but after hearing everyone rave about Battery, DFHS, and Drumagog I'd like to give one of them a try.

I'm aware that Battery and DFHS are sequencing programs, but I plan on converting my audio tracks to MIDI and feeding them to Battery/DFHS. I'll only be using them for kick, snares, and toms, not cymbals.

So what are the advantages and disavantages of each program? How do they compare to each other?

How does each program rate in terms of sample quality, realism, and ease of use?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Drumagog - Great for sound replacement if you have a good sample set
DFHS - great sample set and sequencer but like you said you have to extract midi from audio
Battery - Great sequencer but thats it

Yeah but there just included so you can actually use the product when you get. They are nothing special

Yeah I just listened to some of the samples on the website and they weren't very interesting.

Are there any kick ass third party Battery kits available? How do they compare to the samples that are available for drumagog?