Battle of the Albums

You will someday. It seems when you're younger you only like death metal style vocals then as you get older your tastes change. I used to hate Sonata Arctica, Symphony X and Blind Guardian like 2-3 years ago, now they are among my favourite bands. Stratovarius are pretty epic too at points, but their cds have a lot of shit songs in between the great ones imo.

I know, I really want to listen to all that stuff because the music is awesome, but the vocals just ruin it for me :(

Yeah, I was the EXACT same dude. Just listen from time to time, it will grow on you. I remember how much I hated Sonata Arctica man, but it grew on me and now they are EASILY one of my favourite bands :p Just takes time.

Right now I'm kinda diggin Heathen, is the highest vocals I can stand :lol: I'll try out Sonata Artica and see what happens, any album recommendation?

Right now I'm kinda diggin Heathen, is the highest vocals I can stand :lol: I'll try out Sonata Artica and see what happens, any album recommendation?

I would recommend Ecliptica. Then Winterheat/Silence. Also, if you do end up liking them, GET TAKATALVI, fucking epic covers on that release :lol:

Some good tracks from each album that you might like as they're a bit faster:

Ecliptica:

Silence:

Winterheart's Guild:

Good songs in general:

Silence or Winterheart's Guild.
Avoid Unia at all costs.

Don't listen to this tool. Unia is a good album. Just slower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then, there's only one thing to do now.

In Flames - Colony 38 Save
Stratovarius - Destiny 18 Kill
Sentenced - The Cold White Light 10
Kreator - Enemy Of God 28
Borknagar - The Archaic Course 28

I don't like power metal :(

In Flames-Colony 40 HOF
Stratovarious-Destiny 16 KILL
Sentenced-The Cold White Light 10
Kreator-Enemy of God 28
Borknagar-The Archaic Course 28

New Album: Sonata Arctica-Winterheart's Guild

Sonata Arctica-Winterheart's Guild 18 KILL
Stratovarious-Destiny 16
Sentenced-The Cold White Light 10
Kreator-Enemy of God 20 SAVE
Borknagar-The Archaic Course 28

Why so much power metal? :erk:

Well while it may not > that, it certainly doesn't go the other way around. :lol:

Had you picked a halfway decent PM band, like Iced Earth, or Wintersun, I'd have agreed with you.