Battle of the Bands

scream bloody gore? probably, listen to human for good tech-death. listen to individual though patterns for a crazy wave of progressive and technical mastery. listen to symbolic for sex in your ears. and as for the sound of perseverance, i don't like it but that's because it doesn't sound like death in my opinion but, you might like it

If I don't like the band, what would make you think I would check out more of there stuff? I had to restrain myself many times from retards in this thread that say, "Opeth sucks", "Neverfags queer singer", "Hell yeah! Cannibal Corpse!", "*insert proggressive/power metal band* is lame", etc.

You quoted me with "FAG!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU KILL DEATH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!", so I said something about how I think Death sounds like dog dookey.

If I don't like the band, what would make you think I would check out more of there stuff? I had to restrain myself many times from retards in this thread that say, "Opeth sucks", "Neverfags queer singer", "Hell yeah! Cannibal Corpse!", "*insert proggressive/power metal band* is lame", etc.

Don't worry, simple minds often can't understand progressive music..

inb4 "OMG ELITIST STFU" :lol:

Most band's best albums are their first but IMO the best albums by Death are their last. You can't judge Death by listening to Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy.... Individual Thought Patterns, Symbolic and Human is what Death is all about.

They sound shitty for the most part, and are grossly overrated.

:lol: Wtf? I think they're a solid band, not overrated at all. They're not the best fucking band in existence but I think they're great. I will admit I don't really listen to them though except for a few songs, but those songs are amazing if you ask me.

what?! if anything they're underrated, they don't get nearly enough recognition for the way they changed the metal community

People who know them respect and recognize them for all they've done, but unfortunately not that many people know of them, at least the people I've met.

Opeth is fucking boring, admit it. He is a good singer, and they make some great music, but overall they have a lot of boring songs. If you're not in the mood for slower music, or you're not into that acoustic blend they do on every song where it's "whisper/acoustic/metal/growling" back and forth then you won't like the at all. It's pretty formulaic to me.

So? I'm saying if they get put into the Hall of Shame then that's fucking depressing for this place. We've alread had arguably the most unique band of the last two decades "shamed".

Again, just because a band is unique doesn't make the four other listed bands more deserved of being "shamed." It's called the battle of the bands for a reason. If every good band was sent to the hall of fame, then it wouldn't be much of a hall of fame, now would it?

personally i love opeth but, i wish opeth would be like emperor and just stop. they've lived their glory days, writing great music and what not but, their last 2 albums have sucked. he should just go full time with bloodbath:devil:

Opeth is fucking boring, admit it. He is a good singer, and they make some great music, but overall they have a lot of boring songs. If you're not in the mood for slower music, or you're not into that acoustic blend they do on every song where it's "whisper/acoustic/metal/growling" back and forth then you won't like the at all. It's pretty formulaic to me.

Who cares if you like them or not. I did not ask :lol:

Firstly, you're grossly generalising and exaggerating due to your own bias. Secondly, what you find "boring", others find expressive and inspiring. You can say thats pretentious if you want, but that's what Opeth do.

I've already said before:
"Meh, Opeth are one of those bands that have that "something" about them, and it either hits you or it doesn't. If it doesn't hit you then you'll probably think they suck or that they're "just alright". But if it does hit you then you'll probably think they're one of the best and most unique bands out there, and that anyone who disagrees is an uncultured philistine."

personally i love opeth but, i wish opeth would be like emperor and just stop. they've lived their glory days, writing great music and what not but, their last 2 albums have sucked. he should just go full time with bloodbath:devil:

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. If you liked any of Opeth's previous albums you would not claim the last 2 albums sucked. It seems like you are trying to find some middle ground so you don't offend anyone. If you don't like them that is fine.

I was pwned? Really? Oh shucks...

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. If you liked any of Opeth's previous albums you would not claim the last 2 albums sucked. It seems like you are trying to find some middle ground so you don't offend anyone. If you don't like them that is fine.

no... i love orchid, my arms your hearse, damnation, deliverence, still life, and black water park. they're all in my top 50 favorite albums. i just can't stand ghost reveries or watershed.