Battle of the Bands

Look at all the ppl killing Nile. The thread is soooo full of fags.

rincopydark.jpg

:rolleyes:

EDIT:

Ensiferum 22 SAVE
Solefald 14
Skid Row 26
Gamma Ray 26 KILL (only cuz I know they'll make it to the HOF)
Catamenia 18

Ensiferum 24
Solefald 10 KILL checked them out, was not impressed.
Skid Row 28 SAVE
Gamma Ray 26
Catamenia 18

I used to listen to Nile, but hearing the harmonic minor scale over and over again with small variations, gets old fast. The band hasn't evolved much during the last couple of albums and are becoming a parody of themselves.

I hate the guy's vocals...they sould like he's burping. The excessive use of blast beats is also a no go for me.

RU fcking kidding me? Well, maybe Hypocrisy's early albums only, but not the pussy stuff they've been making lately.
Riiiight...

Look at all the ppl killing Nile. The thread is soooo full of fags.
Actually it seems to be comprised of two types of people: The older crowd, with a more developed taste in music, they like many style and genres, focusing more on a band's talent than their 'brutality' and then there's the younger crowd who have a penchant for killing anything they don't deem hard enough. Clean/Good vocals and technicality aren't as important as a band that plays fast with guttural vocals. The thing the younger crowd doesn't realize is there's a million bands with that kind of shit, all trying to be more brutal.... they even made a parody band (Dethklok) about it and it's made millions just because that concept is so widely recognized both inside and outside metal. There's nothing unique about those generic death metal bands, sure it's an ok listen but when there's so much better stuff to listen to then you don't really want to waste your time.

Ensiferum 24
Solefald 10 KILL checked them out, was not impressed.
Skid Row 28 SAVE
Gamma Ray 26
Catamenia 18

Well, Solefald are a really great avante garde band, but I can see why you might not like them, I hope you did check out their stuff though, because it's a wide range of music that I couldn't really put on display because none of their good shit is on youtube.

Joe don't start with the old members and newfags shit. It's ok if you don't like Nile, but tell me another band that has their style and their mix of brutal drums, harmonised riffs and they whole egyptian thing they have over the band.

And as well as for Nile goes for other bands. There's people that likes brutal stuff and there's people taht likes power metal and there's people that likes everything, and any of those have the right to call shit something just because they don't like it.

F.e., I love Sonata Arctica and I love Nile, and I'd never say that SA pwns Nile neither would I say it the other way round. They're just too different. And I wouldn't do it between Burzum and Exodus too.