Battle of the Bands

:ill: Then please tell me bands that sound like them. Not bands with loads of blastbeats and nearly puking vocals, but band s with their general sound and their egyptian influences.

You're talking about judging the music and going deep into it, but you're judging Nile only on the surface. Nile's more than George Kollias smashing the drums and Dallas puking in front of the mic while Karl plays harmonic minors and the bass player hides himself.

Joe don't start with the old members and newfags shit. It's ok if you don't like Nile, but tell me another band that has their style and their mix of brutal drums, harmonised riffs and they whole egyptian thing they have over the band.

He wasn't talking about older members, but older people on the board

Joe don't start with the old members and newfags shit.

It's not about old and new members, it's about OLDER PEOPLE and YOUNGER PEOPLE for the most part, a few exceptions but generally that is the trend I've observed IN THIS THREAD.

It's ok if you don't like Nile, but tell me another band that has their style and their mix of brutal drums, harmonised riffs and they whole egyptian thing they have over the band.

I'm sure if I tried I could find a lot of bands with the first two qualities, throwing a third unique variable in to the equation doesn't make them a good band. But if you like them, great.

And as well as for Nile goes for other bands. There's people that likes brutal stuff and there's people taht likes power metal and there's people that likes everything, and any of those have the right to call shit something just because they don't like it.

Well you're right if they don't like it they really shouldn't call it shit but it's just internet talk anyways, when we say it's shit the "in my opinion" is silent :p it's implied without having to say it but even if the person DOESN'T mean what they say in their opinion, that's all it is anyways so why even care?

F.e., I love Sonata Arctica and I love Nile, and I'd never say that SA pwns Nile neither would I say it the other way round. They're just too different.

Well, in a way it's an obvious winner. Sonata has a lot more visible talent. You can like Nile more, but from an objective viewpoint based on calibre of songs, musicians and singing (not the fact it's clean, just the fact he has a wide range, some growlers can do that to, Nile unfortunately cannot from what I've heard)... then they emerge the victor.

^I know, but between not writing IMO in front of any phrase and calling a band that you don'tm like shit just for the sake of it there's levels and levels.

And about SA's musicianship and singing and all that stuff, I wouldn't be that sure. Their songs are more catchy, but they're not better musicians, especially the rythm section. And you can't compare power metal and death metal and say one is better than the other.

@Chamet: I don't think so but anyway, f.e. BM is full of narrow minded old fags, so the age is not something that important for taste.

Another example are old Slayer fans. They're the most disgusting think I've met in my life. I love Slayer, but those people suck. They're like ''Slayer is teh only band in the world, they pwn anyone and I'm gonna get my nose broken just for the sake of it and for the almyghtiness of Slayer''.

No, IMO age is not that important.

Another example are old Slayer fans. They're the most disgusting think I've met in my life. I love Slayer, but those people suck. They're like ''Slayer is teh only band in the world, they pwn anyone and I'm gonna get my nose broken just for the sake of it and for the almyghtiness of Slayer''.

:lol: I know what you mean. However, not all of them are like that. When I was on the train on my way back home from the unholy alliance, there were 2 old slayer fans and they were really cool guys. But yea, most of them are dick heads.

Of course there are exeptions, but in general they're dumb (the old ones). I was in the front row and I'd look back and they'd be all not doing a normal moshpit but actually fighting one another. They're stupid. I don't see where's the fun on going home all bleeding and stuff. A normal moshpit is a hell of a lot funnier.

And about SA's musicianship and singing and all that stuff, I wouldn't be that sure. Their songs are more catchy, but they're not better musicians, especially the rythm section. And you can't compare power metal and death metal and say one is better than the other.

I can and just did. And I think everyone would agree with what I said about Sonata. The only thing Nile might have on SA is the drumming.

I don't think so but anyway, f.e. BM is full of narrow minded old fags, so the age is not something that important for taste.

No, IMO age is not that important.
That is why I carefully said IN THIS THREAD :)

:ill: Then please tell me bands that sound like them. Not bands with loads of blastbeats and nearly puking vocals, but band s with their general sound and their egyptian influences.

Melechesh.

But they add more than Egyptian, they add their middle-eastern heritage into their music.

Ensiferum 28
Solefad 4 KILL
Skid Row 28
Gamma Ray 28 SAVE
Catamenia 20

Riiiight...

Clean/Good vocals and technicality aren't as important as a band that plays fast with guttural vocals.

I know I said that I would leave this thread but i just have to reply to this. Dude! think of Necrophagist, Arsis, Decapitated and way more...they do have technicality and guttural vocals so plz don't spread false statements.

There will be always exceptions: Some bands might have just guttural vocals or just technicality. Imo the art is combining those two things in a way that is acceptable for ppl who like both kinds of music.

Ensiferum 28
Solefad 4 KILL
Skid Row 28
Gamma Ray 28 SAVE
Catamenia 20

Ensiferum 28
Solefad 2 KILL
Skid Row 28
Gamma Ray 30 SAVE
Catamenia 20

OK fags, please don't bring another death/black metal band to the game. I'm sick of them all.

Also, if you're gonna kill Gamma Ray, do it cause you don't like their music, not because "they can take a hit/they will be HOF'd". That's a gay excuse for killing a band.

Ensiferum 28
Solefald 0 KILL :)waah: I brought them into the game so I'll take them out)
Skid Row 28
Gamma Ray 30
Catamenia 22 SAVE

New band:

Insomnium 20

Btw Hall of Fame/Shame haven't been updated since Sabaton and King Diamond... someone go back and get all the bands and make a list.

Ensiferum 28
Solefald 0 KILL :)waah: I brought them into the game so I'll take them out)
Skid Row 28
Gamma Ray 30
Catamenia 22 SAVE

New band:

Insomnium 20

Btw Hall of Fame/Shame haven't been updated since Sabaton and King Diamond... someone go back and get all the bands and make a list.

:oops:

Updates:

Hall of Fame

Frank Zappa
Vintersorg
Iced Earth
Angra
Hypocrisy
Kalmah

Hall of Shame

Dark Funeral
Coheed and Cambria
Naildown
A-Ha
Nile
Norther
Solefad

Also, Annihilator is in the Hall of Fame, but it was killed, so it should be moved to the Hall of Shame.

Squeee, please fix this. Thanks.

Don't be hall of shaming Annihilator,

By the way Jeff wrote this for his son. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
RU fcking kidding me? Well, maybe Hypocrisy's early albums only, but not the pussy stuff they've been making lately.

Look at all the ppl killing Nile. The thread is soooo full of fags.

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nile is anything but brutal if you ask me. OH HAI LETS BE INFLUENCED BY ANCIENT EGYPT LULULLULZULUZZZZZ SO WE CAN SAY WERE BRUTAL!!!
You're telling me Warpath isn't brutal? It's probably one of their most "brutal" albums. There's more violence in that album than on every other album they have made.

^omg how could you kill Insomnium!

Ensiferum 28
Insomnium 20 SAVE
Skid Row 28
Gamma Ray 32
Catamenia 20 KILL

INSOMNIUM:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTUvYutNkFg&feature=related[/ame]

Take your pick.

I drove 3 hours to see them play 6 songs htne left and went home. They're that good.

Last edited by a moderator: