Battleheart - Over The Seas!

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
As per my thread in off topic, major thanks go to Lasse, Glenn and GuitarHack!

Recorded at my "studio", guitars/bass reamped at to above folk's places
Mixed at my "studio".
Mastered at Lasse's place!

This is a promo track requested of us with like a week's notice by quite a big fucking label and everyone that helped out, helped out more than they can imagine and are true bros!

And the gear used:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our singer isn't really a singer (on the original Cd we flipped a coin as to who did vox)...

Iäm used to trying to bury his vox...

That said, people seem to love his voice on this so might not be nessiscary in future :D

Oh and any feedback is welcome! Just it won't be changed cause this is the 100% final version.

But any advice for if/when we do the album would be nice!

wow, it sounds really good. great guitar tone, everything sounds good. The vocals could be more upfront though.

any details on the drums and guitars?

Guitars were 2 tracks of Krank Revo and 2 of 5150. The krank was about 2-3db louder..

Nothing special in terms of processing:

lasse.JPG

i love the song, haha! guitars sound siiick as well.

as far as how it sounds, guitars too loud, vocals to small and dry, and drums are a bit buried for my tastes.

sweet ass song though!

Fuckin' killer. Nice work bro, those guitars sound insane!

I remember the original demo version of the this, and you've come along way. Looking forward to the album now... and some gigs!

Gav, I'd say the guitars are kinda loud. Even though it's Pirate Metal, it's still all about the vocals.... so let's hear 'em. You're thrashing away, but it's a singalong kinda song. Love that "HEY!" btw. Very Celtic.
More drums & bass too (ok, ulterior motive for the last one :) )

Just remember your buds when you're touring Ozzfest & making millions. Personally, I'm hoping for backstage passes & lapdancers.