• Resurection Through Carnage

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Nightmares Made Flesh

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters
As said before:
Breeding Death

The only real bloodbath release.

Maybe some of you think "RTC" sound "way oldskEwl" but, knowing the real skogsberg stuff and just a tad bit of sonic facts, its actually a (rather obvious) _attempt_ at getting the _analogue_ skogsberg sound with all _digital_ equipment. Still great songs on RTC though. NMF is more of a modern metalpiece, and I really dig it hrough, but hands down, breeding death is the shit.

On top of this, Breeding Death was the essence of bloodbath for the members too, they where more or less forced to do another full length, and they havent even met up as a band during the recording of RTC and NMF, while BD was teh supreme after-party recording. This was also evident when they played the whole BD-record live.

Yeah, they're all good in their own way....bloodbath is by far my fav band of all time....i just cant get them out of my head....so much carnage....so much death

I voted for 'Nightmares Made Flesh' - When I'm listening to this album... images of a frenzy zombie-horde pop up in my head. Peter's rancid vocals turn it all in a bloody ooze :headbang:

RTC is far more old school but i think NMF is more bloodbath as musicians not as a tribute to old school death metal. For me its NMF

Yeah, Breeding Death as an LP on an old shitty player can't get topped by shit! It's a brutal, groovy Death Metal Masterpiece. Resurrection Through Carnage has the chainsaw Distortion guitars and Mike on the Mic (When he's singing a single song it's reason enough for me to buy the whole album, this way I got the latest Ayreon and the Roadrunner All Star Sessions). The only shitty thing at RTC is in my opinion Dan Swanö at the Drums. Don't get me wrong, I fuckin' worship this man! Love him playing guitar or even at the mic (Hail to Crimson I&II by the way) but I think that he just ain't a death metal battery player. Nightmares made Flesh is also fuckin sick, love brave new hell and any other fuckin song on it.

The drums of RTC are programmed... For me sounds great... I like how Dan plays the drums, is not a blast drummer, is more an old school drummer... like the guys of Entombed, Dismember & Grave.

BastardSonOfGod said:
The drums of RTC are programmed... For me sounds great... I like how Dan plays the drums, is not a blast drummer, is more an old school drummer... like the guys of Entombed, Dismember & Grave.

The drums on RTC are not programmed.
If you have doubt, ask the man.

However, they are severly edited.

BastardSonOfGod said:

Yeah...watch your wording.

Dan does better death vocals than both Peter and Mike, IMO, and I like his cleans more than Mike's.

As for the album, I like NMF more, not because of the vocals, but because the guitar work simply dominates all the past work, plus the guitar tone doesn't sound like ass (RTC?)

magicelf said:
Dan does better death vocals than both Peter and Mike, IMO, and I like his cleans more than Mike's.

As for the album, I like NMF more, not because of the vocals, but because the guitar work simply dominates all the past work, plus the guitar tone doesn't sound like ass (RTC?)

That guitar tone DOES sound bad but so does the drums and so does the bass tone.......and that's why it worked so well, every element on it's own can't stand, but as a whole it's unstopable. Honestly, that album is a masterpiece because of it's audacity and it's purely crushing sound. All albums are good tho, in their own way.

Flal said:
That guitar tone DOES sound bad but so does the drums and so does the bass tone.......and that's why it worked so well, every element on it's own can't stand, but as a whole it's unstopable. Honestly, that album is a masterpiece because of it's audacity and it's purely crushing sound. All albums are good tho, in their own way.

I won't argue with that. It's just that I'm a tone freak. Tone aside though, I found the riffing to be a little "too simple", which is why I prefer NMF because the riffs don't sound like they were played by a bunch of 17 year old wanna be death metal guitarists (Jinn?)