Bed of Razors & Silent Night Bodom Night Covers (full songs with keyboards)

amazing job man! ive been trying to nail the bed of razors solo for a good few weeks now and im still not coming close :( any tips? :D

fucking class covers though :headbang:

betteroffdead said:
amazing job man! ive been trying to nail the bed of razors solo for a good few weeks now and im still not coming close :( any tips? :D

fucking class covers though :headbang:

Which part? The only tip I can give would be to slow it down before and make sure you can play each note, and gradually speed up as you gain muscle memory to play it. That, and get a copy of guitar pro - buy it, pirate it, do anything to get this program...I would NOT have been able to learn leads without it.

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

Ben Johnson said:
Which part? The only tip I can give would be to slow it down before and make sure you can play each note, and gradually speed up as you gain muscle memory to play it. That, and get a copy of guitar pro - buy it, pirate it, do anything to get this program...I would NOT have been able to learn leads without it.

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

yep guitar-pro is the way to go
i've had it for some time now and i find it the easiest to learn songs :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:
wow

He said he used guitar pro...

I use GP5 also and its a great piece of software for learning songs - if your unsure of how something should sound just press play :D

megaman77ufo said:
are you playing that?: OMG: you are realy good,
how did you do with the drums?

:oops: Thanks.

Okay, for the drums, in guitar pro, I exported the GP4 file as a midi. I then imported the midi file into Nuendo, my recording program. From here, I use the midi file to "play" the drums in the Drumkit From Hell VST instrument plugin. Drumkit From Hell is a sample library, made up of around 35GB of sound files, painstakingly recorded from actual drums and cymbals. These sounds are completely raw, without any effects or mixing applied to them. So, I then used VST effects plugins to add the eq, compression, gate, and reverb to give the drums a more polished sound.

I hope that helps.

Ben Johnson said:
Thanks! Backing track? Do you mean the drums? I pulled the midi from the guitarpro file from mysongbook.com and imported it into my recording program with Drumkit From Hell Superior.

Whats the recording program called?

bfmv - rock said:
Whats the recording program called?
he didn't mention the name of his recording soft, back to your question chek Ben Johnson's answer (2 above)
also check on cubase same basically as nuendo and check on cakewalk sonar
there are hell lot more progies you'll have to find your self what works for you the best

hey can you post or send me a tutorial to get cubase to work with drum kit from hell.

I recorded the first parts of Children of Bodom, i've only been playing guitar 10 months and this is my first go at mixing (in audition). I recorded it very quickly the other night but i might finish it sometime.

Recorded through direct feed from amp into Microphone port... still doesn't sound too bad (plenty of mistakes though)

http://www.therugbyforum.com/uploads/COB123.mp3

umosay, good job for only playing 10 months man! But PLEASE, don't attempt any of the solos until you gain more experience.

Im probably gonna cover a bodom tune once i find some decent backings

Don't worry, i will not be attempting anything out of my range at this stage. I'm getting better - but yeah just trying to get the main stuff down at this point. I did most of the different parts in 1 or 2 takes so i know i could make it better if i tried. Thanks for the kind words though.