Been to a Bodom concert??

Undefined

Indefinite Entity
Sep 27, 2006
Unsure and Inexact
Describe it here. Their performance, who they played with, funny stories and any other aspect you wish to share regarding the monumental night you saw CoB.. Or just include the setlist (if you can), but if not it's ok. Not everyone brought a pen and paper like me :p Include the date and venue/arena if possible as well (if yer comfortable with sharing that.) So here goes my experience:

Long story short, Bodom was playing with Through the Eyes of the Dead and Chimaira back in March. I saw them in Toronto. It fucking rocked. 'Nuff said. This is the setlist they played:

Are You Dead Yet
Bastards Of Bodom
Warheart
Towards Dead End
Needled 24/7
Angels Don't Kill
Hate Me!
Everytime I Die
Lake Bodom
Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loaded)
Follow The Reaper
Mask of Sanity
Hate Crew Deathroll
------------v---(ENCORE)---v---------------
Living Dead Beat​

It was truly a kickass show, great setlist, the energy was high, the band nailed everything, and the crowd was nuts. Henkka later went on to say in his tour diaries that it was one of Bodom's best shows ever.... and well.... I was there. I loved it. :headbang: :headbang:

(I'll say more about the actual experience later once this threads picks up some other poeple's posts :D)

July 15th, 2006. At the Salem Armory in Salem, Oregon. They did their little intro then fuckin ran on stage and shot right into Silent Night, Bodom Night. I don't really remember the songs because i only had Hatebreeder back then. But i know they played Downfall, SNBN, Sixpounder, Needled 24/7. They nailed everything fuckin tight. Oh yeah i might wanna add this was the Slayer concert, so they had a kinda short setlist. I REALLY want them to come to Portland,Oregon!!! on their next tour!

July 15th, 2006. At the Salem Armory in Salem, Oregon. They did their little intro then fuckin ran on stage and shot right into Silent Night, Bodom Night. I don't really remember the songs because i only had Hatebreeder back then. But i know they played Downfall, SNBN, Sixpounder, Needled 24/7. They nailed everything fuckin tight. Oh yeah i might wanna add this was the Slayer concert, so they had a kinda short setlist. I REALLY want them to come to Portland,Oregon!!! on their next tour!

Awesome :D But that sucks it was at UA. They had to play a short set because of Lame of God and Gayer :( You definately need to see them when they're on a headlining tour. Much better experience. But I'm sure it was still great nonethless. Also, their next tour hits these dates. Choose whichever is closest to you and go!

US HEADLINER TOUR 2006 - FALL

Support : AMON AMARTH / SANCTITY / GOIJRA

29.11.2006 (PA) PHILADELPHIA, TROCADERO (WITHOUT AMON AMARTH)
30.11.2006 (NY) ROCHESTER, WATER STREET (WITHOUT AMON AMARTH)

01.12.2006 (MI) DETROIT, HARPOS
02.12.2006 (WI) MILWAUKEE, EAGLES CLUB
04.12.2006 (TX) DALLAS, GYSPY
06.12.2006 (AZ) PHOENIX, MARQUEE THEATER
07.12.2006 (CA) ANAHEIM / HOUSE OF BLUES
08.12.2006 (CA) SAN DIEGO, SOMA
09.12.2006 (CA) LOS ANGELES, THE WILTERN
11.12.2006 (CO) DENVER, ODGEON THEATRE
12.12.2006 (KS) LAWRENCE, GRANADA
13.12.2006 (MN) MINNEAPOLIS, FIRST AVENUE
15.12.2006 (DC) WASHINGTON, 9:30 CLUB
16.12.2006 (MA) WORCHESTER, PALLADIUM
17.12.2006 (NY) NEW YORK, NOKIA THEATRE
18.12.2006 (QU) MONTREAL, METROPOLIS

P.S. Thanks for sharing!

yeah np. lol Gayer...yeah i really want to go to a show that's close, but i think Anaheim is the closest...i'm surprised there not even playing seattle!:mad: and i'm only 13 so i can't just whip out some money, or get in my car and go there....damn i wish i could, i'd just go to concerts all my life lol

I saw them at the London Astoria on the 26th of Jan, 2006.

First time seeing them and it was incredible. I'd never been that close to one of my idols before so it was really weird seeing Laiho a few feet away. My friend managed to catch one of his guitar picks and Roope slapped my hand as he walked past after the show so that was cool. I would have stayed after to meet up with them but I had to get the last train back to where I lived otherwise I would have been stuck in London.

A few crappy quality pics:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3908/photo0200pn5.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/319/photo041jx9.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9181/photo2219fh8.jpg

(if you save them and then open them in an image viewer, they'll be better quality)

I've seen them 4 times, all were fantastic. The first time was at Trocadero in Philadelpia like two years ago, I'd never rocked so hard. They were still an opening act so they didn't play too many songs.

Silent Night, Bodom Night
Needled 24\7 into
Hate me
Sixpounder
Deadnight Warrior
Downfall

Alexi was amazing, larger than life. All of them were sick like nothing I'd ever seen before (and I definitely hadn't), especially Jaska! Holy shit he rips it beat for beat live.

Then, after the show, we went down the side street to have a cigarette and there stood Janne! Me and my bros talked to him for like 20 minutes telling how awesome he is and adking questions about the band. He said he loved playing the new HCDR songs. That was a great fuckin' night.

I'll post another one eventually...Great thread idea!

First time seeing them and it was incredible. I'd never been that close to one of my idols before so it was really weird seeing Laiho a few feet away. My friend managed to catch one of his guitar picks and Roope slapped my hand as he walked past after the show so that was cool. I would have stayed after to meet up with them but I had to get the last train back to where I lived otherwise I would have been stuck in London.

Cool pics, I have a few from the show I went to on my other comp. I'll get it fixed SOON hopefully and show everyone. But yeh, that's awesome. They didn't interact with the crowd much other than talking. They threw some shit, that's it. And yeh, I had to leave halfway through the encore song to catch a cab back before the subways stopped running. It sucked, but I didn't really think I'd get to meet the band anyways, and I didn't want to bother them so I didn't mind leaving at all really.

I've seen them two times by now.
First time in cologne in december 2006. It was so incredible to see your favorite band the first time ever...the show was really cool.
Second time was in Wacken this year, which was really crazy, because the hold crowd freaked out when they came on stage and they stayed frealed the whole show.

Then, after the show, we went down the side street to have a cigarette and there stood Janne! Me and my bros talked to him for like 20 minutes telling how awesome he is and adking questions about the band. He said he loved playing the new HCDR songs. That was a great fuckin' night.

I'll post another one eventually...Great thread idea!

Thanks, yeh I thought it was cool too. And 4 times, you're lucky. And you got to meet Janne, double lucky. Everyone seems to meet the band and take pics, cept me :erk: Motherfucker :D I don't realyl care to actually, but my g/f would die if she got to take a pic with Alexi. :lol: And yeh I'm so exicted to see them in March with Amon Amarth.

I've seen them two times by now.
First time in cologne in december 2006. It was so incredible to see your favorite band the first time ever...the show was really cool.
Second time was in Wacken this year, which was really crazy, because the hold crowd freaked out when they came on stage and they stayed frealed the whole show.

Cool, yeh the crowd tends to got nuts when they come on stage. Chimaira got 'Bodom'd pretty bad. They were mid-song and the chants started. And someone threw a shoe at the elad singer and it just missed his head. Unfortunately the bottles of water/cups of beer did not miss him. l felt bad for him, they actually played good. Bodom was better though. :lol: :lol:

hm.......i saw the 7 times, till now :D

first Concert was in Salzburg (Austria) in 2003, wenn HCDR came out....the legendary Concert when the ran naked to a Gas Station.....^^ it was awesome.....

Then, 3 Years later.....i saw them 4 Times at the European Tour in a headlining position :)

Then Wacken 2006, and Unholy Alliance...^^ first time i met the Guys in Winter.....but i didn't talk to them....

then in Wacken i met them again, they'r nice persons......Alexi is kinda shy i think btw....+gg+

A few crappy quality pics:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3908/photo0200pn5.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/319/photo041jx9.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9181/photo2219fh8.jpg

(if you save them and then open them in an image viewer, they'll be better quality)

Oooh I was there :)

And at Unholy Alliance On monday 30th November...

And also at the stockholm gig.....and paris, feb 2001 :)

WOOOOP!

Going AGAIN to unholy alliance in brixton academy on 20th november this year :)

HOORAY!

They are fucking awesome live...what else is there to say?!

seeing them for the 5th time on december 9th

can't wait

^ i'll be seeing you there!!!

and the first time i saw them was this past summer, july 22nd 2006 at the UA. unfortunately i had seat tickets, and the seats were upstairs (but i did manage to sneak into the pit area, but that was when lamb of god was playing. it would've been perfect if i had snuck into the pit before bodom went on, but there was security everywhere! and i believe me, i tried really hard!) i was sooo fuckin excited when i saw alexi walking onto the stage. i was yelling out his name, yelling out songs i wished they would play...and then when alexi introduced Hate Me! i yelled back at him, "hate me alexi!!" :lol: and these stupid perverted guys behind me yelled out to me, "yeah, take it off!!" and then one of them grabbed my sister's ass. hahaha. but anyway, i didn't care...i was watching bodom, LIVE!! one of my dreams come true. so anyway, after the show i went over to their tour bus in hopes of meeting them, but of course alexi and janne were at the rainbow club, and the rest of the band wouldn't come out of the bus cuz they were tired. but i met the guys from lamb of god, mastodon, and thine eyes bleed....

oh well...i do plan on drinking with alexi on december 9th though, after the show :D we're going to the rainbow bar with fake IDs. hehehe. :headbang:

wacken 2002 - great performance, great sound, everywhere mud because it was raining ^^

wacken 2004 - damn hot and too much whiny kiddies ;) performance was ok

Cologne 2005 - Great Concert with a few mistakes, but Alexis car-jumping made me forget them! This was RocknRoll!

wacken 2006 - Kickass and great weather.

^That's awesome :D:D I have a VERY loud voice. I can be hear above a crowd. So Alexi definately heard me. :D:D

Here's two pics I found from the show I went to, they're not the best ones I took, but the only ones I have on photobucket. Enjoy:

P101gg0014.jpg

I thought it was cool, how the lights were going up as he swung his head back. Just wish it was better quality.

P1010gg016.jpg

I like the pose, jsut it has shitty lighting and bad quality. Aw well, I'll be sure to get great pics in December. :D:D

I saw them 3 times, the last time that was with Amon Amarth and this is what I remember that was funny:

They entered with Living Dead Beat and than started Silent Night, Bodom Night. During the intro of SN,BN, where Janne doesn't play, he goes in front of the stage and toke something that somebody had thrown, he goes in backstage and came back with a cap on his head.

Alexi was wearing a christmas hat

They played Kissing The Shadows :D

Alexi said "We Children Of Bodom come from fucking Finland" (Like everytime) and then somebody shout: "We don't give a fuck" and Alexi answered "If Ya Hate Me? Oh yeah!" with a funny face.

My friend Bodysurfed and was at the front, near the stage, at was like at 20cm to Alexi's Guitar but Alexi moved back and a Security Guy took him (my friend) from the Bodysurf and put him on the ground.

That's all I remember.