Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loaded)
Follow The Reaper
Mask of Sanity
Hate Crew Deathroll
------------v---(ENCORE)---v---------------
Living Dead Beat​
[/SIZE]

They played Mask Of Sanity???

first (and only)time (ill go in december :) got my tickets!)ive seen them live was on the unholy alliance tour. It was fun because i could actually see laiho stand in the backstage(yeah i was on seats) and talk to some very tiny guy. that was while the intro song, he was kind of having an argument or something.

They played Mask Of Sanity???
Yes, they certainly did. :D That was my favourite song at the time too. :headbang:

I'm sure that's a mistake...
No, no mistake. I am absolutely sure they played it for two very important reasons:

1) He called out the song names before they played them. (most of them anyways)
2) Like I said that was my fav song at the time and I would have had no trouble recognizing it. (Although 'Chokehold' took me a while to recognize, I didn't until the first chorus. Also, OMFG that solo is SO SICK live.)

first (and only)time (ill go in december :) got my tickets!)ive seen them live was on the unholy alliance tour. It was fun because i could actually see laiho stand in the backstage(yeah i was on seats) and talk to some very tiny guy. that was while the intro song, he was kind of having an argument or something.

Awesome. I deliberately didn't go to UA, cause I don't like Gayer or Lame of God enough to have paid 60 bucks for one ticket, basically for 5-6 Bodom songs really. I prefered to wait till they headlined in a tour and see three times the songs played for half the price. And cool see you there, I bought my tickets Oct. 3rd. The show at the metro is gonna be sick!

^ i'll be seeing you there!!!

and the first time i saw them was this past summer, july 22nd 2006 at the UA. unfortunately i had seat tickets, and the seats were upstairs (but i did manage to sneak into the pit area, but that was when lamb of god was playing. it would've been perfect if i had snuck into the pit before bodom went on, but there was security everywhere! and i believe me, i tried really hard!) i was sooo fuckin excited when i saw alexi walking onto the stage. i was yelling out his name, yelling out songs i wished they would play...and then when alexi introduced Hate Me! i yelled back at him, "hate me alexi!!" :lol: and these stupid perverted guys behind me yelled out to me, "yeah, take it off!!" and then one of them grabbed my sister's ass. hahaha. but anyway, i didn't care...i was watching bodom, LIVE!! one of my dreams come true. so anyway, after the show i went over to their tour bus in hopes of meeting them, but of course alexi and janne were at the rainbow club, and the rest of the band wouldn't come out of the bus cuz they were tired. but i met the guys from lamb of god, mastodon, and thine eyes bleed....

oh well...i do plan on drinking with alexi on december 9th though, after the show :D we're going to the rainbow bar with fake IDs. hehehe. :headbang:

seems like one gay ass UA show. At the one i went to you could sit in the sits, or just walk down into the pit:) THe people at that concert were pretty fucked up though. a dude in front of us had a shirt that said "Jesus is a cunt", pretty wacky people, but it was so worth it. THere's vids of Slayer's opening on youtube, and some LoG and Mastodon songs, i'm pissed there is no CoB up there. just look up "unholy alliance salem".

ok i'm pretty sure i had the most mind blowing bodom experience...

MUST READ

so i was in the very front of the stage right under Henkka, the concert in all was amazing, they were all at the top of their game

a few times Alexi walked over and i touched his guitar (sounds a little gay, but it was cool)

the croud got crazy but i held onto my spot for dear life, banging on the stage along with the music. as the band were finishing up and saying thier goodbye's EVERY MEMBER came up to me and gave me something.

Alexi gave me a high five,
Henkka gave me a high five,
Jaska gave me a absolutly beaten stick
Roope gave me his pick
and Janne gave me a his setlist.

they did all this, then walked off stage. everyone around me was like OMG.

It was during the Iced Earth tour and it was a great show. I believe the line up was Cob, Nevermore and Iced Earth and Evergrey???. But anyways I got just about all the way to the front when a kid next to me in a wheel chair pulled up. This was not good. Considering it was when Needled 24/7 was just starting and a pit was brewing up. During there set it became protect the kid in the chair or break an ankle trying not too. It was a bizarre situation since I thought they had a designated area. But all in all the show rocked ass and Iced Earth was awesome.

I did get the set list from the bassist from Iced Earth and a pick from the lead guitarist from Evergrey. Pretty good night if I don't say so myself.

MUST READ

so i was in the very front of the stage right under Henkka, the concert in all was amazing, they were all at the top of their game

a few times Alexi walked over and i touched his guitar (sounds a little gay, but it was cool)

the croud got crazy but i held onto my spot for dear life, banging on the stage along with the music. as the band were finishing up and saying thier goodbye's EVERY MEMBER came up to me and gave me something.

Roope gave me his pick

Oh fuck thats so cool:OMG:

I want to se them live but not on a fucking Gay Alliance:erk:

yeah np. lol Gayer...yeah i really want to go to a show that's close, but i think Anaheim is the closest...i'm surprised there not even playing seattle!:mad: and i'm only 13 so i can't just whip out some money, or get in my car and go there....damn i wish i could, i'd just go to concerts all my life lol
You're not alone. I'm 14, and the only concert I can go to is the one that is within 50 miles of my hometown. It sucks ass really badly, and my Mom doesn't want me to go at all, so I really owe my Dad. He has to come from work, drive me there- wait outside because of my Mom's insecurities and fear that I might get raped and/or killed. I mean for fucks sake woman just get a fucking grip I've had enough of it. Who's complaining- after all when I'm dead, this life is over and I can go to a Children of Bodom concert in the next life!

MUST READ

Roope gave me his pick

lol you were the chosen one :lol:

I've seen the two times! The first one as headliners in Milan in january and the second time with the unholy alliance in november... The first time I saw them I didn't love them so much, I actually realized how great they are during that gig... I remember that the first thing I said to a friend of mine when they came out has been something like that "Oh, look at him!!! (alexi) He's so cute and tiny!! So sweet!!!" Then the waves begun and I got lost in the show! Since then I am a Bodom addict and proud of it!

I saw them on the Unholy Alliance tour in Birmingham last week and also saw them at the Bloodstock Open Air festival in 2005.

The Unholy Alliance show was pretty good, the sound was great and the band was tight, though the limited set time obviously sucked.

The Bloodstock show had poor sound quality (the whole festival had been plagued by it) and the band was late on (supposedly decided to use their own PA system instead of the festivals, though it didn't improve much) but they put on a very good performance and the setlist was really good, with some of their rarer songs like Knuckleduster, Kissing the Shadows and Warheart. The only downside was that there was nothing from Something Wild. Although the sound quality was bad I was still blown away and the fact that they played my favourite Bodom song (Kissing the Shadows) made it even better.

Dec 3 2005, at the Meridian in Houston, TX. First concert I ever went to, they headlined with Amon Amarth and Trivium as openers.
Most memorable moment:

During one of Janne's solos Alexi looks out at the crowd, spots me and my friends (specifically) and flashes the horns. Proudest moment of my life! Now, granted me and my buddy each had a girl on our shoulders without shirts, but I like to think it was meant for me ya know?

Fuckin awesome night overall, cant remember the set but they played atleast 12 songs.

The 2nd time was at UA, only 6-7 songs and it was over in the blink of an eye. They played well, but I think Mastodon shoulda just taken the night off and let Bodom play another 7. I didnt get to meet Bodom this time etiher.

Oh well, one of these days...

Lucky son of a bitch :lol:... sounds like you had an awesome time, eventhough no matter what you would have :D aw well good thing your experience wasn't like this:

Alexi gave me HI-V,
Henkka gave me HI-V,
Jaska gave me a bread stick he beat off on
Roope gave me something he picked from his ass
and Janne put me on his shitlist.​

:lol: j/k (HI-V is slang for Aids... high five... HI-V[roman numeral 5], get it? :lol:)

......The Bloodstock show had poor sound quality (the whole festival had been plagued by it) and the band was late on (supposedly decided to use their own PA system instead of the festivals, though it didn't improve much) but they put on a very good performance and the setlist was really good, with some of their rarer songs like Knuckleduster, Kissing the Shadows and Warheart. .......

Well yeh, Bodom would have definately subbed their own equipment if the stuff provided was shit. And you're lucky. When I went I really wanted them to play KtS, so much. But they didn't, although I did get to hear Warheart, so that was awesome. Chokehold is another great song they played during my show I haven't seen on too many other setlists.

I believe they played:
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Needled 24/7
Hate Me
Everytime I Die
Hate Crew Deathroll
Sixpounder
Bodom Beach Terror
Downfall

Shit... I'm not sure, but most of those are right.

It's ok, when I made this thread I wasn't expecting everyone to have exact setlists written down, unless they got the setlist from the band, or like they were tools and wrote them downat the time like me :D:p But it's cool, sounds like it was an awesome show. When I went Downfall was a song I was sure they were going to play, but they didn't. SNBN and 6LBer would have been cool songs to hear live, but i stillt hink they played an AWESOME setlist for me when I went. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks for sharing your stories guys, keep 'em coming.

I saw em last Thursday...it could have been better tbh...

Well Thin Eyes Bleed was kinda bad so was LoG and...Bodom..hmm the sound was wierd...i dident even hear the guitars almost :erk: but a good setlist and good performance...In Flames was best that night they made the whole arena jump to Only For The Weak it was awsome...Slayer sucked to...damnit every song sounded the same almost....

-[chop]-;5590313 said:
I saw em last Thursday...it could have been better tbh...

Well Thin Eyes Bleed was kinda bad so was LoG and...Bodom..hmm the sound was wierd...i dident even hear the guitars almost :erk: but a good setlist and good performance...In Flames was best that night they made the whole arena jump to Only For The Weak it was awsome...Slayer sucked to...damnit every song sounded the same almost....

DON'T SELL ME THE INFECTION!! :lol: Sounds like an awesome show! But maybe the bands had equipment problems or something... I don't know, but you've got me excited to see In Flames in December now, I'm going on the 12th, they're headlining with :erk: Lacuna Coil as support :erk:, but it should be a great show... I'm praying they play 'Clayman', they prolly won't but 'Only for the Weak' is an amazing song too... but I'm sure it's gonna be enjoyablefor me no matter what they play. But anyways, never ehard Thine Eyes Bleed bu I've heard a lot of bad things about them, I already know LoG is notorious for bad sound live, and I know Slayer song all sound similar, sorry those bands were like that but I'm sure you had fun regardless! Thanks for sharing!