beer/liquor/absinthe thread

Sometimes I think maybe I'm an alcoholic because I've been the only one to bump this thread for awhile...

But Glenfiddich scotch is awesome. :)

Bump to the most (and probably only) coherent of all the alcohol threads here, as a toast to the one year anniversary.

Cheers!

Cheers NAD! Haha, this is a funny thread, looking back at that ice cold vs room temperature debate...

Budweiser and other forms of arsey lager like Fosters or Coors = Ice Cold, but why anyone drinks this piss is beyond me

Guinness and other forms of Stout, Ale, or Bitter = NOT Ice Cold. Served from a keg that's been pulled out from an old cellar, and poured out slowly on the draught.

Bear in mind, room temperature in Texas is slightly higher than the room temperature in the UK or Ireland. :D

I leave my stouts (and most ales) in the fridge, then slowly pour them and let them sit for about 30 minutes before drinking. That's probably room temp in the UK. :D

JayKeeley said:
Budweiser and other forms of arsey lager like Fosters or Coors = Ice Cold, but why anyone drinks this piss is beyond me
Forget to say "can I get an amen" or "testify!" or something to this, on both accounts. Fosters goes well with pizza though. :loco:

I've grown quite the affinity toward Michelob lately. For regular non-snooty bars/pubs, I go Michelob or Sam Adams.

Cannibal Corpse + 50 Butt Lights = :kickass:

NAD said:
I leave my stouts (and most ales) in the fridge, then slowly pour them and let them sit for about 30 minutes before drinking. That's probably room temp in the UK. :D
Ahh, but do you have central air conditioning? :D Hats off to you for having the patience to wait 30 minutes for the beer to settle. I can't do that, but one day, I would like to have a Guiness in Ireland and test the 50pence coin theory of seeing it float on the head. It must be like cream. :cool:

Oh, he's been watching his Kevin Smith lately! :D

What I normally do is pour the beer, drink half of it within 30 minutes, then the second half is perfect. I try to pour a beer then go take a dump or something to time it just right, but it doesn't always work.

What's this 50 pence coin theory...?

NAD said:
Oh, he's been watching his Kevin Smith lately! :D
Not true! Did I make an inadvertent reference, heh?

What's this 50 pence coin theory...?
In Dublin (or perhaps all of Ireland for that matter), there are high Peat levels in the drinking water. This apparently thickens the Guiness to a near cream consistency - every sip will leave you with a white moustache! Anyway, if it's poured correctly, you should be able to float a 50p coin on the Guinness head. A 50p coin is about twice as heavy as a quarter I'd say.

JayKeeley said:
Ahh, but do you have central air conditioning? :D
From Dogma, Azrael (Jason Lee) asks this of the house he's about to take over for his and the Triplets base of operations. I'm a Kevin Smith whore, I admit it.

All the Guinness I've had is very thin, I'd love to have a real one from Ireland. I'll drop a quarter in it even. :D

My room temperature Belgian ale (brewed organically in California, which surprisingly has several breweries making OUTSTANDING Belgians) is currently fucking me up.

Bison Belgian Ale, USDA certified organic. Fucking GOOD.

lizard said:
you fools, any metal fan worth his mead will prefer Skullsplitter Ale, from the Orkney Islands...
skullsplitter_med.jpg
Holy crap I finally found some of this stuff at the local liquor store, gonna have some tonight wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Even though I'm just talking to myself by bumping this thread, that Skullsplitter was VERY good. I still have 2 left in my fridge. Anyone who doubted whether that dead sheep wearin' motherfucker was not metal IS GOD DAMN WRONG. Serious beer, only hardcore alcoholics like myself should apply. :D

I think that one signifies the end of my dfilm.com career. Wonderful while it lasted, I learned a lot and made some new enemies.

Staying out until 5am rules because you can get drunk, sober up, get drunk again, then come home and be sober.

today, big party in a restaurant starting at 2PM ... early start for a long weekend of boozin'