before metal

Chamet

Keepin' it bonzer
Dec 29, 2005
England
lol
i was thinkin about what i used to listen to wehen i was a little kid...
haha all this pop shit :p britney spears...
lol i also liked Ricky martin XD..now how gay is that? :lol:

anyways, what did you people listen to before? like when you were kids...

Never listened to pop, hip hop, rap and similar things....
I listened to italian bands and singers, like Laura Pausini... and also Celine Dion, Mariah Carey (indeed I'm inspired by them whenever I sing), and expecially Dire Straits (my greatest love), Queen, The Beatles, some classical, and soft stuff like that... but the interesting fact is that I still keep on listening to this stuff, so now there's only the addition of metal music! Heheh...

first i liked pop then at third grade i got into classic rock like zeppelin, van halen then my sister started listening to slayer when i was in 5th grade which got me into metal =/

ahh lol, i dont listen to that stuff anymore :p left all that behind.
but i used to listen to ska music before, like a lot, also a lot of punk(the good underground punk) and well, i still sometimes listen to some bands that play that kinda music

S Club 7, 5ive, B*Witched. :p

Eminem, D12, Dr. Dre.

Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Kid Rock.

Metallica, Guns N Roses, Joe Satriani.

Vai, Gilbert, Malmsteen.

Bodom, Necrophagist, Arsis.

That's a little timeline thing to show how I've progressed to what I am today.

Eminem, Bizzy Bone, Dr. Dre.
Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Linkin Park.
System of a Down, Slipknot, Disturbed
Metallica, Guns 'N Roses, Pantera
Bodom, Trivum, As I lay Dying
Bodom, Borknagar, Too Fucking Many.

That's a little timeline thing for me :p.

Arsis rocks! :headbang:

EDIT: LMAO we all seem to have followed the same path, well, Marcio and I, ours is a lot more similar :p

hmm....when i was little, like 7 or 8 i used to listen to techno and some oldies. then in 5th grade i made friends who listened to rap and hip hop, so i did the whole Eminem, DMX, Dre thing for a while. and then i decided that i liked rock a lot more (7th grade) so i bought Significant Other by Limp Bizkit and like 2 of Korn's albums and i just used to listen to those over and over.

then the good stuff came: a lot of Punk Rock and some ska, some rockabilly/psychobilly, a lot of Oi music (skinhead stuff).

then some more good stuff came:Metallica, Zeppelin, Marilyn Manson System of a Down (well this band i listened to starting from their debut album)

then my Classy/jazz-ish phase: Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, Dean Martin and a few more...(like johnny cash and chuck berry, but they're not jazz, haha)

but Bodom has been with me ever since i was 14...so yeah, they are were discovered during my punk rock days actually. and now, i'm just generally way more into metal than most other genres.

I listen to most of what I used to. Not really, haha, I've cut out the Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, boy band crap. Most of the rap stuff too. I still listen to some oldies (Aretha Franklin, Ottis Redding, Sam Cooke, The Temptations, The Beatles, etc.) or jazz & blues when it's on the radio. I love the Strokes, Coldplay, Norah Jones, almost all classical compostitions (exept the monophonic stuff) and other stuff along with metal.

I don't plan on closing myself off musically just because I love one genre.

classical music ever since I was 2-3 years old

then some shitty pop like britney spears, ricky martin and so on...

then some less shitty pop like celine dion

then punk rock, pop-punk, pop rock... bands like Blink 182, Billy Talent, The Rasmus, HIM, Negative, The Killers...

and then metal.

I still love classical music and the rock stuff

Ive always liked metal.. When i was like 1-8 i listened to Metallica., Black sabbath, rush, warrant, poison, stuff like that.. but when i was 8 i was introduced to bodom.. and ever since then i liked prog and thrash and that kinda stuff. yea i am teh only tr00 one here. ive never liked anything mainstreem. only heavy metal.

S Club 7, 5ive, B*Witched. :p

Necrophagist

i don't think there is anything more anoying than progressive brutal death metal

i think i used to listen to pop(shakira and that crap)
then a friend showed me blink 182 and i started listening to punk
then i started to listen to gay power metal(blind guiardian, rhapsody)
and now i listen to good power metal :lol: (children of bodom, symphony x) but also lots of different bands like lamb of god, dream theater and even some punk rock

Ive always liked metal.. When i was like 1-8 i listened to Metallica., Black sabbath, rush, warrant, poison, stuff like that.. but when i was 8 i was introduced to bodom.. and ever since then i liked prog and thrash and that kinda stuff. yea i am teh only tr00 one here. ive never liked anything mainstreem. only heavy metal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that really is sad
think you are the "only tr00 one" just cuz of that?
fuck man, thats really sad

classical music ever since I was 2-3 years old

then some shitty pop like britney spears, ricky martin and so on...

then some less shitty pop like celine dion

then punk rock, pop-punk, pop rock... bands like Blink 182, Billy Talent, The Rasmus, HIM, Negative, The Killers...

and then metal.

I still love classical music and the rock stuff

almost the same story as me