before metal

Hahaha the first CD I bought was...Evanescence.
After I star to listen to AFI, than Manson.
After that it was Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Deicide.
And now it's Ensiferum, Finntroll, Lumsk this kind of stuff.
(And I always love classical music)

The first band I actually listened to in detail was Blind Guardian and that's because of my brother playing it all day and night when he was living with us :rofl: So I started with the good stuff :p Of course I didn't know they were called Blind Guardian until a few years later when I actually asked him.

when I was about 4 I liked The Kelly Family and The Backstreet Boys,when I was about 10 or 11 I listened to Linkin Park,Limp Bizkit but also stuff like Good Charlotte (shame on me *lol*),then I started listenign to dtuff like The Distillers or stuff like Afi and THEN came Bodom and some other metal bands...

but i used to listen to ska music before, like a lot, also a lot of punk(the good underground punk)

I myself prefer the crappy commercial punk. :lol:

Used to listen to "whatever everyone else is listening" (a lot of pop that is) but then got into metal and left all that behind. It was metal or nothing. Nowadays I listen to pretty much anything I like, metal or not.

Eminem, Dr Dre, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Blink 182 :ill:, Greenday, System Of A Down, Metallica, Cradle Of Filth, Decapitated, Dimmu Borgir.

I thought the timeline idea was cool so theres mine. I think it's right, I can't really remember I was young and naiive.

Everything from SOAD on I still listen to. Obviously theres more aswell but thats the basics.

No offense to anyone in particular, I'm just speaking generally so no one flip out, but:

Anyone who says they were buying metal CD's at 8 years old and listening to metal since they were 1... I don't know what to say. I'm not calling you liars, I just find it really hard to believe. Most kids don't buy CD's till a bit later in life, and it's girls who tend to get into music sooner and buying pop CD's to dance to with their friends. I didn't buy my first CD till gr.7, and that was Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Delux. At that young of an age, like 8 or younger, unless yer parents REALLY conditioned you to like it, metal prolly wouldn't be all that appealing, either just from the harsh sound or the complexity in the music that a child might not be able to comprehend and appreciate it. I mean sure, the catchier stuff maybe, rock definately. But REAL metal, ONLY METAL, just seems your claims a tad exagerated, but maybe I'm wrong, I'm just expressing my opinion. Buying CD's at 8 just seems weird and uncommon/unlikely to me.

Hope you're not talkin' bout me... 'cus I'm positive Load was the first cd I ever bought I'm pretty damn sure I was 9 when it was released too. It's really more of a rock album though. I didn't really get into metal until I was 15 or 16 though.

I'm not talking about anyone, just talking in general, 9 yr olds are more into toys and t.v. shows and stuff than music and cd's. I mean sure they like music, but there's no real defined taste, whatever is on the radio kids (younger than 9) will most likely enjoy as they're in the car on the way to go somewhere they don't discriminate, rock/pop/rap it's all good as long as they enjoy it, they dont really categorize it and such things till a later age. Nine year olds have that awareness of social factors and their peers, and they often try to go with the herd, and metal is definately not a mainstream choice for them. Only 9 yrs old I know that talk about music are girls, cuz they like dancing and have cliques and pop singers are all the rage, you know. Perfect example is the spice girls. Now I'm ranting so I'll just shut up.

My point is, any claim that you've been listening to metal since you were 1 and buying metal cd's at 8 just seem unlikely to me, but who listens to me anyways. I'm not calling you liars, just expressing my opinion.

lol
i was thinkin about what i used to listen to wehen i was a little kid...
haha all this pop shit :p britney spears...
lol i also liked Ricky martin XD..now how gay is that? :lol:

anyways, what did you people listen to before? like when you were kids...

yeah BRITNEY SPEARS, did that too
such a shame :lol:

and some Punk stuff, like The Offspring.
But this band - I like ém till today :p

When i was 6 i bought my first metal album Metallica Black album...i dont remember what i listened to earlier...

I used to listen to all kinds of boybands and then I got somehow into Linkin Park and The Rasmus. Then I got into Nightish and Sonata Arctica. Then got into Bodom and bands like Amon Amarth and Ensiferum

I used to listen to all kinds of boybands and then I got somehow into Linkin Park and The Rasmus. Then I got into Nightish and Sonata Arctica. Then got into Bodom and bands like Amon Amarth and Ensiferum

haha... I used to be obsessed with The Rasmus and Nightwish is one of the bands that got me into metal at first :headbang: