Before Metal...

When I was little I liked hilariously bad techno-"bands" like Ice MC and others. A little later I got into Scorpions and still a little later into Metallica. I liked Jarre a lot, especially Oxygene pt.4 and Magnetic Fields. Synthesizer music was probably the first thing that got me into looking at the "techie" side of music. :D

Yeah, and a lot of finnish artists were on my playlist before progmetal (and many are still). Most of them could be classified as slightly progressive heavy rock or something like that.

My latest find has been game music remixes. I've been toiling on some interpretations of the classic NES Megaman tunes. It's amazing what the guys at Capcom did with only four tracks. :D

I started to listen metal right after the "lullaby-age" :D
I've got a brother, who's 10 years older than me, so I grew up with Rainbow, Deep Purple, Nazareth and stuff like that.
When I was still in school, everyone thought that I'm weird, 'cause I was one of the few ppl, who liked that kind of music, and most important; the only girl, who dared to like something else than disco or other boring stuff...

Now it's my turn to pass on this great taste in music, my soon 3 year old daughter is a metalhead, and how surprising, Symphony X is one of her favourite bands! :D And she also sings a bit in english, a part from Wicked (by you know who...) and a part of one our friends' song, 'cause she was at the studio, when I sang backing vocals for them.