What were you into before metal

Maelstrom

Metal is the Law!
Jan 27, 2002
Adelaide
www.theharrowed.com
Here's an embarrisng one for everyone!:)

What music did you listen to before you got into metal? Everyone seems to have a bit of a 'dark past' of cheesy pop bands, so now's the time to say 'em loud and proud!!

My pre-metal music consisted of the following:
Roy Orbison
Queen
U2
The Sharp

Does anyone still listen to their old favourites? I pulled out a Queen album this morning and threw it on, I was surprised how much I still like the songs. Also, if you're a muso do you find that your style is still influenced by these bands?

I know mine definitely is, for better or worse!:)

You really want to know...?? :lol:

the Spice girls..

:lol: It was shocking, I was absolutely and utterly obsessed with them... I even thought I was Ginger.. :lol: But hey, thats where my passion for music grew from so neh!! :p

NP: Spice Girls - Wannabe

Thats a hard one, I listen to dad's pink floyd collection alot, then one of my cousins got me listening to motley crew and skid row. Then got into the offspring I think. Then a different cousin got me into rage against the machine and it sorta went progressivly heavier and heavier from there.

I still listen to pink floyd,the crew and skid row however.

Blergh...Before I listened to metal my fave cd was Rap and Dance hits of the 90s volume 900 or some shit...It rocked, i got it for my 13th or 14th birthday along with DOOM(Doom is my god, i am getting a doom tat to go with my opeth one) It was a good birthday, but id rather forget the music.... :D GODDAMN EMAIL ME OR BE ONLINE SAPH GRRRRR:D

never that i liked the Spice girls lmao :lol:

But yeah . i was into classical "cause of my father :rolleyes: "

but when i was 10 , i heard Manowar on the local radio station when i was in "syria" , and that was it , i was hooked ...

so from then . i got mixed so bad between rock and metal till finally someone actually told me witch is what lol ....

Originally posted by mickfury
Ok now don't laugh

Poison
Whitney Huston
Skid Row
David Lee Roth
And various others thanks to my perents:Smokedev: :Smokedev:

David Lee Roth rules man!

Duran Duran, Psuedo Echo, Koo De Tah, Kids In The Kitchen, Venetians, Arcadia, etc. etc. etc.

Glad I don't listen to any of that rubbish anymore...

Oh. Wait.... :oops: :lol:

Nah, I'm still a big fan of those bands! You should never be embarassed about any of the music you're into (unless it's Billy Ray Cyrus! Yech! HAHAHA!)