BEHAVE. **Read This Now**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
I've asked in several threads over several weeks (hell, on and off really for months/years) for ya'll to play nice, & it seems like you all think it's too much to ask. Well think again.

We have a lot of new folks wandering in since Paradise Lost came out, and it's just not cool, the crappy 'tude some of you show them if they dare to speak whilst unaware of all of the intricacies of this forum. Cut 'em some slack folks..maybe some are new to the band & are sincerely curious about things that are old news to us..or are new to forums entirely & don't realize that threads can be searched to see if their question's already been asked. In both of these situations, a friendly (or at least civil) helping hand in pointing them toward the info they seek would be far more fitting than snarky comments and blatant insults. Maybe some just want to come hang out with people who love the same band that they do..but when they get here, they get crapped on..NOT cool.

I've issued two 2 week bans so far today for personal insults; I'm done being polite and trying to correct your BS in a nice manner, now I'm bringing down the hammer. Unless you know the person & name calling is done in a friendly and low key manner (as far as the regulars go, we pretty much all know who knows one another and gets along, and who doesn't, so don't try to play off being an ass to someone you dislike as 'friendly banter'), you are not to call other forumers names, not even mildly insulting ones. If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then move along without saying anything; there's simply no need to leave crappy comments that accomplish nothing save making you look like a jerk.

Bottom line: be civil and play nice, or go play elsewhere..and I mean that. If this continues, I WILL be issuing permanent bans from this forum, and will leave it up to Deron if he chooses to make them UM-wide or not (and I do believe he's done so in the past). I WILL throw you out before I let you give the band a bad rep by making their forum a cesspool. Now, I know that many of you are still kids, but I also know that kids do know that there are times and places when/where you need to behave..this is one of them.

That said, my apologies to any new members who may have gotten the brunt of the crap attitude of some of our regulars..most are really not that bad once you get to know them, honest.

Carry on..

Jax
SymX Forum Queen Bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.