Behemoth announces North American headlining tour

This is an interesting read. I'll just leave it at that, since so many of you seem to be fans. o_O

~Brian~

Let your feelings out Brian.. no one ever gets upset about things posted on the internet :lol:. That read was not interesting... it was fucking stupid. I hate music with over the top schtick.

Behemoth slays live... count me in for this tour. Edit... maybe not. I have to wonder who our local promoter pissed off. Historically, MA has gotten all the same tours that pass through NYC. This has not been the case in the past two to three years.

This is an interesting read. I'll just leave it at that, since so many of you seem to be fans. o_O

~Brian~

Because we're not superficial and we listen to music for the music? Is that a hard concept to grasp? Burzum is one of my favorite "bands" of all time but I think Varg is a complete idiot.

That is, if your "since so many of you seem to be fans" was intended as a sort of questioning of our fandom. If not, sorry for misinterpreting your post.

By the way guys, apparently something is amiss here. Shining's drummer also plays in Spawn Of Possession, who is supposed to be in Australia during this time! Hmmm!!!

Because we're not superficial and we listen to music for the music? Is that a hard concept to grasp? Burzum is one of my favorite "bands" of all time but I think Varg is a complete idiot.

That is, if your "since so many of you seem to be fans" was intended as a sort of questioning of our fandom. If not, sorry for misinterpreting your post.

By the way guys, apparently something is amiss here. Shining's drummer also plays in Spawn Of Possession, who is supposed to be in Australia during this time! Hmmm!!!

Yes, and Ludwig Witt was asked to fill in again but said no as Firebird is recording then....

By the way, where did you find the latest album (Shining's that is)?

mëtålspëd;8703514 said:
Let your feelings out Brian.. no one ever gets upset about things posted on the internet :lol:. That read was not interesting... it was fucking stupid. I hate music with over the top schtick.

Aren't you a Jonas Brothers fan?

mëtålspëd;8703514 said:
That read was not interesting... it was fucking stupid. I hate music with over the top schtick.
I'm not a fan of schtick either. However, that performance seemed to go beyond schtick. And if the audience was actually frightened or alarmed, and that was what the band was going for, than wouldn't it rightly qualify it as good performance art? Regardless, I think the BM scene attracts some societal outliers, who are just odd people, who occasionally do odd things.

Zod

I'm not a fan of schtick either. However, that performance seemed to go beyond schtick. And if the audience was actually frightened or alarmed, and that was what the band was going for, than wouldn't it rightly qualify it as good performance art? Regardless, I think the BM scene attracts some societal outliers, who are just odd people, who occasionally do odd things.

Zod

You're odd.

:lol:

I hope hope hope that this tour goes off without any visa hitches. Seriously. Shining was recommended to me a few ProgPowers ago when I was wearing a Deathspell Omega shirt. The guy at The End said "Buy this, no question. You won't regret it." It was Halmstad, and I don't, it is amazing. And I really want to see Shining...like...crazily.

And I've yet to see Behemoth. I've loved their output over the years (especially their "middle" period: Satanica, Thelema.6, and Zos Kia Cultus), and want to hear at least SOME of my favorite songs live!

By the way, where did you find the latest album (Shining's that is)?

To build off what I said to edgeofthorns in my last post; although I may be a big fan of Shining's music, there is no way I'll ever give that prick my money. Take that for what you will. :D

And I've yet to see Behemoth. I've loved their output over the years (especially their "middle" period: Satanica, Thelema.6, and Zos Kia Cultus), and want to hear at least SOME of my favorite songs live!
I was talking to one of the guys working at the Century Media booth this year about how the Satanica - ZKC period was their best and each album since has been good, but not quite at that level.

They're still a great live band, but I'm really glad I saw one of the headlining shows they did after their tour with Six Feet Under in December of '03 (two headlining shows in Southern California and one in Tijuana). They played for 80 - 90 minutes after getting 30 minutes on the SFU tour and having seen them 7 or 8 times since, they've topped neither the song selection nor the raw intensity of that show.