Behringer powerplay P16

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
I recently found out about this thingy, and in theory it seems to be a good (and the cheapest) option for having completely independent in-ear monitor mixes per musician on stage, which is something I´ve been looking at forever. Click track + monitor mix where each member can control the levels to their liking for this price: http://www.thomann.de/es/search.htm...26=&wgfid2=7627&wgf7627=&wgfid3=7628&wgf7628=

Sounds like a plan! Anyone tried them, or have any better options for this? (Edit: you would need one P16I for the whole band, and one P16M per band member, the other one is an extension in case you have a band bigger than I think 6 people, which isn´t my case)

http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/P16-M.aspx

Looks like their version of an Aviom system. I've used those for years in various places and they work great every time. Easy to set up, stays out of the way and you don't have to even do anything. Plug one CAT5 in and go. Dunno how the Behringer one's are but the technology is great.

Looks like their version of an Aviom system. I've used those for years in various places and they work great every time. Easy to set up, stays out of the way and you don't have to even do anything. Plug one CAT5 in and go. Dunno how the Behringer one's are but the technology is great.

Yeah all I've seen in magazines and in youtube is how it's pretty much a considerably more affordable version of the Aviom, and apparently works just as fine. I think you would still have to split all the stuff you want to monitor, and the module is only line ins, so I would have to buy an ada8000 for example for the xlr connections (bass DI out from the amp, mic split, etc.). Speaking from a band perspective I mean, if I'm touring and want to have my guaranteed monitoring system for every gig (and click track and backing track)

I checked these out at NAMM. Yeah just a way cheaper Aviom.

I came really close to getting a system. But working at studios with an actual Aviom, typically the artist really only wants like a good mix with the ability to control how much of themselves.

And the guys that are really really picky don't have the technical understanding to run it.

So usually we only run 1 stereo feed and then one mono feed per unit. And honestly, using it myself, much more than that gets really complicated and cumbersome pretty quick.

I think it would be great for like a rehearsal space or long term studio time where you have time to slowly dial and it doesn't move. Touring might be cool too but only at places where you could backline and take the extra time to setup but I don't know how well it stores settings.

If you have to dial each time, then forget it.