Behringer Truth.

I had my truths stolen last month and am again looking for new monitors. What are people's thoughts on the Yamaha HS50M? I would possibly be adding the HS10W sub at a later date.

I own a pair of M-audio bx5a not bad for 300 great range hi's mids lacks the low end tho im a afraid ill blow the cone if i solo a punchy kick and put it to loud .. lol great monitors overall ..

Andrew

I've been using the BX-8's (the older ones) for about 2 years. At first I thought they were great, but it took me a LONG time to get them to translate properly.

Some tips for new BX8 users:
1. Roll off the high end on the back, it's fatiguing and the sparkle isn't really there. AKA These monitors are really hyped in the high end.

2. If the bass sounds great on your monitors, it will probably be boomy on a normal stereo. Unuseable sub-bass frequencies in the below 50hz range tend to sound good on these monitors.

3. Try all the different room positioning switches on the back. They will make a difference.

I really feel the BX8's sounds more like hi-fi stereo speakers in that it's actually HARD to make stuff sound bad on them. Thats exactly what I DONT want. If my mix is crap, I dont want it sounding like gold on these monitors. They were great for the price but I'm totally ready to upgrade to something more accurate.

Now who wants to give me $3000? :cry:

Are you serious? Never heard about this. Please elaborate.

I might be off here, but here's the deal AFAIK:

Some manufacturers that have tubes in their gear put yellow LEDs behind the tubes if they are visible to the users. This simulates a glowing tube, when in reality it isn't driven at a voltage high enough to make it glow.

Some people think it's there to fool the buyer to think the tubes are there for a reason, while the tube's only real function is to make the product attractive to customers. I think that's a bit silly, since tubes don't need high voltages to do what they're supposed to, but then again I've never used such gear.

I might be off here, but here's the deal AFAIK:

Some manufacturers that have tubes in their gear put yellow LEDs behind the tubes if they are visible to the users. This simulates a glowing tube, when in reality it isn't driven at a voltage high enough to make it glow.

Some people think it's there to fool the buyer to think the tubes are there for a reason, while the tube's only real function is to make the product attractive to customers. I think that's a bit silly, since tubes don't need high voltages to do what they're supposed to, but then again I've never used such gear.

yep, and while the voltage IS low, it is still part of the signal chain. Someone took the initial theory about the LED and removed the tube from the circuit path and the pre's wouldn't function. So, while the tube may not be doing much of anything, it is part of the signal path.

Framus amps have LED's in the Cobra, Engl has LED's behind the tubes, too... :err: