Belgium vs France

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
I'm sorry I have to warn you we're gonna kick your sorry arses. It"s gonna be a 1-4. Mpenza will score one goal within the first 10 minutes because our new defenders won't be totally attentive but then Luyindula, Saha and Zidane X 2 will make your supporters shut up :tickled:

Allan said:
What's all that about Melbranque playing for Belgium? Weird like.

Malbranque is French but he was born in Mouscron, Belgium. He's never been selected in our national team though he's played with the reserve national team many times (i dunno the English word for this ... reserve team). And now he's getting pissed of never being selected in team A so he's considering about opting for Belgian nationality as far as soccer is concerned. Seems like he can since he was born in Belgium. I don't know the exact law but another example is Frederic kanouté, Totenham's scorer. He's French but his father comes from Mali and since Santini never selected him with team A, he chose to play for the Mali selection and became the best scorer of the last African cup...
We've got loads of good players to give away so you should check out if one of them had a Danish grandpa ;)

nah, I only want Danes in my team. I knew most of that, heard he had a Belgian grandma or sth too, but I don't get it, why would you want to play for Belgium if you feel French in every way?

Same thing in Britain, where most of them have 2 or 3 nationalities to choose between. Is it Cascarino who holds the record for caps for Northern Ireland, but has admitted there's not a drop of North Irish blood in him, ridiculous.

We even lost a great striker in Thomas Christiansen who opted to play for Spain when he had the chance though he grew up in Denmark. You don't choose your nationality FFS.