Belladonna on being in the band.

Yea I don't think Joey's situation is any different than a LOT of other bands that have more of a business arrangement with not much social interaction outside the studio/shows

Agree with that. I remember back in the eighties, all you read about Slayer in the magazines was (besides the fact they're a thrash metal band) how much they hated each other. I guess Metallica aren't best friends forever too, and I'm not even talking about Mustaine's band. But still, we all know the Anthrax history and when things like that leak... I wouldn't be surprised if the soap opera started over soon.

A band is like having a job that you like, but its still a job. Some of the relationships you form are simply because you need someone to fill that spot. There will be times that the relationship can appear friend-like, but when things go downhill, and your services aren't required anymore, then that friendship goes with it.

Nice Interview from Scott i think this is from 2 days ago...i dont remembre excactly but in the last 15 or 10 minutes of the interview scott talks about, anthrax, Joey Belladonna the relationship between the band members, the new record, even he mention Dan Nelson.

Last edited by a moderator:
"2009 was the bad year for Anthrax"... I clearly remember Scott stating that "2009 is the best year for Anthrax" :lol: :lol: how funny.

@Chino442 interesting interview. Scott openly admits that WM big reason for success was mainly due to Belladonna taking a good record and making it great. Makes a very valid point that after a tour the last thing he wants to do is hang out with the band. Fair point.

No they are just keeping their distance. The two albums that Joey gave his best vocal performance were POT & WM. Before POT they were jerking him around and wanted to get rid of him and he sang angry and inspired. On WP he came back after they jerked him around after the reunion and he redid the vocals from an album recorded with another singer --- and sang his balls off on that album.

So let them get Joey pissed off just enough to deliver another kick ass vocal performance --- I've heard his solo albums, he shouldn't be contributing to the Anthrax song writing. Just sing.

:lol:

But honestly, I enjoyed Joey's 1st solo album more than some of Anthrax's releases.

Yeah his first solo album is really pretty good.

I never understood why some folks try to trash talk his solo stuff (except his 2nd album due to horrible production) when some of the Anthrax songs sound similar to songs he wrote with his ever-changing solo band.

Great interview and listen. It did make me kind of understand the crowdfunding a little bit better. My money goes toward purchasing the DVD, not just to him. So I would get the final product sent to me for my donation, right? I also think the Joey interview got out of proportion, I don't hang out with my bandmates at all unless we're out promoting a show, we all have our own lives, friends etc. And we all live close, Anthrax are all over the country. Also I just think Joey has always been a classic rock guy hired to sing metal in a metal band whereas the others are passionate metalheads, so I imagine they have different lifestyles and interests. I'd play bass for Mylie Cyrus in a minute if offered the job even though I can't stand that shit, it's just a job. I certainly wouldn't want to hang out with her (unless her slutty friends came):lol:

I've done the Pledge thing before. The best way to understand it is, you're buying the item. If the Pledge doesn't reach 100% it's off, you don't get the item and you don't pay anything. If it reaches 100% it's just like you bought the item.

I think some people are over thinking this. Joey's just stating that sometimes good bands don't all have to be buddies with each other even though they are great together and successful as a band.

I think some people are over thinking this. Joey's just stating that sometimes good bands don't all have to be buddies with each other even though they are great together and successful as a band.

I think this is most likely pretty accurate. I know tons of folks in bands and being in a band is a lot of the time viewed as their time to be around those people. It's fine.

Well Scooter, I definitely feel that THAT is definitely the case here. By Joey saying this, though, kinda makes me feel like he wishes there was more between them friendship-wise, not just now but over the last 30 years. I can understand that but he has a wife, a family, and friends around him I think the fact that he just now opened up about his yearning for friendship with the band speaks volumes about his character and his desire to do more. It sure made me respect Joey that much more (as if he needed more respect from me) and also John who was and is a stand-up great person too. I guess Anthrax is the band with the history of great human being singers and so-so decision-makers:lol:

BTW, as far as the guy who was there for five minutes goes... I recently stumbled upon this http://www.reverbnation.com/dannelsonmusic# and I have to say I'm very impressed... the song Dead Kingdom might be one of the best metal songs I've heard for awhile.
Hell yeah Johnnie, thanks! That shit sounds great I'll definitely buy it if it ever comes out. It's amazing to me just how much he sounds like John.

For those who's interested... interview with Dan is on the way. He didn't say a word about Anthrax though. Looks like he can't.