Bendeth Calls Out Sturgis #epic #shitstorm #podtact #podtactless #cats

Line666

Fendurr
Sep 2, 2006
callout.jpg

I love Bendeth :lol:

What's wrong with Joey's statement? If he thinks it's terrible then he thinks it's terrible. It doesn't make it a fact. (I personally have no idea what record he is talking about and I've never even heard a Sturgis production on anything else than YouTube and laptop speakers, so I can't pass judgement on his judgement).

I'm amazed that people still believe in the "be nice to everyone, keep your head down and be a team player"-crap when for the last 50 years the whole music business has been built on the exact opposite. The biggest players (artists/managers/execs/producers) are everything EXCEPT nice or team players and it still works for them (and a large percentage of the rest).

Fact is: tomorrow nobody will remember what Joey said (except maybe the guy who made the record). And maybe this is all just a publicity stunt by all parties to get attention to the record.

At least that'd be something I'd do ...

What's wrong with Joey's statement? If he thinks it's terrible then he thinks it's terrible. It doesn't make it a fact. (I personally have no idea what record he is talking about and I've never even heard a Sturgis production on anything else than YouTube and laptop speakers, so I can't pass judgement on his judgement).

I'm amazed that people still believe in the "be nice to everyone, keep your head down and be a team player"-crap when for the last 50 years the whole music business has been built on the exact opposite. The biggest players (artists/managers/execs/producers) are everything EXCEPT nice or team players and it still works for them (and a large percentage of the rest).

Fact is: tomorrow nobody will remember what Joey said (except maybe the guy who made the record). And maybe this is all just a publicity stunt by all parties to get attention to the record.

+1

basically, bendeth is mixing the new asking alexandria album that sturgis recorded.

they put out one single off of it:

and everyone is mad lol

EDIT: read the comments on the vid haha

Last edited by a moderator:

There's more backstory to it; there's a debate over what Joey actually sent Bendeth to mix (Joey tracked, Bendeth mixed; Joey was originally supposed to mix) - if he sent him shitty tracks to mix and then bashed the mix afterwards, it's kind of underhanded and uncalled for.

So the best way to get ahead in the music business is talking shit about other people's work?

So the best way to get ahead in the music business is talking shit about other people's work?

No, the best way to get ahead in the music business is to have something others want - be it songs, production style, image, connections, whatever.

The worst way is to be the nicest guy around. It's kinda similar to dating chicks, actually! :)

Also (and I know because I purposely do it myself regularly): a good way to stay in people's minds is to deliver "oh shit"-moments every now and then. That's something good/bad/stupid/crazy that will make people go "Oh shit! What did he do now??". Bashing the dude who mixed your record is not such a bad idea in terms of publicity. Of course it only works if your skills are actually accepted as "good". With the very short attention spans of today, people will not remember it in May 2013.

There's more backstory to it; there's a debate over what Joey actually sent Bendeth to mix (Joey tracked, Bendeth mixed; Joey was originally supposed to mix) - if he sent him shitty tracks to mix and then bashed the mix afterwards, it's kind of underhanded and uncalled for.

Ah, Bendeth mixed it and now he's pissed someone bashed him?? If he was smart he would have just shut up. It's not like anyone that Bendeth works with cares what Joey says on Twitter ...

JeffTD: why would Joey send Bendeth shitty tracks though?

Also +1 to Öwen's Gearsluts link. But it just proves my point that being nice or humble is not in any way related to being successful.

Ah, Bendeth mixed it and now he's pissed someone bashed him?? If he was smart he would have just shut up. It's not like anyone that Bendeth works with cares what Joey says on Twitter ...

JeffTD: why would Joey send Bendeth shitty tracks though?

Pissed over being passed up for the mixing job of one of his (if not THE) biggest bands? I don't know really - it doesn't make sense to sabotage the band. But I can say with 100% certainty that what Bendeth received to mix would piss most of us off.

Pissed over being passed up for the mixing job of one of his (if not THE) biggest bands? I don't know really - it doesn't make sense to sabotage the band. But I can say with 100% certainty that what Bendeth received to mix would piss most of us off.

You heard the tracks?

Then it's really Bendeth's fault to not send the stuff back and say "Redo it!". Or get DI's and redo it himself. I can't imagine he heard roughmixes and went "I can work with this!" only to get the session files and find total shit?

Is this, in general, what that style of music sounds like? I really haven't checked out any of these new modern bizarre-band-name bands at all.

I listened to that AAAA on 480p but it still sounded like my one speaker had a steam leak (I'm guessing it's supposed to be a hi-hat)

Is this, in general, what that style of music sounds like? I really haven't checked out any of these new modern bizarre-band-name bands at all.

I listened to that AAAA on 480p but it still sounded like my one speaker had a steam leak (I'm guessing it's supposed to be a hi-hat)

Pretty much from my knowledge.

I don't care for bands like this at all.

Keep feeding me brutal/tech/death all day long though. :)

watch out for the emo guy clean vocals in the chorus!!! Synchronize high kicks...now!!!