Bendeth Calls Out Sturgis #epic #shitstorm #podtact #podtactless #cats

It's pretty simple....

r600x600.jpg

All parties involved always end up just looking a little more stupid. ;)

+1. This thread should be closed.

Theres always that one guy thats gotta cry about a good bit of drama, this thread is going at least five pages before that happens, why do you think I opened it :lol:

Öwen;10595142 said:
Theres always that one guy thats gotta cry about a good bit of drama, this thread is going at least five pages before that happens, why do you think I opened it :lol:

When there's always a need for some healthy dose of drama messing with people's business/reputation is bad. But then again... They caused it. :Spin:

while i agree that being self interested and aggressive is a proven way to succeed in business, joey seems to miss the point that this is a SERVICE industry. and the customer (band) is unfortunately getting shit all over right now. on top of that he is burning a bridge with a well respected peer and probably a couple others by proxy. his business might not be in danger at the moment but as soon as this mallcore/crabcore/emocore bullshit mercifully dies away he is going to be hurting and being an asshole is not going to help.

Carlos, is your Nick bashing referring to the Kristen Marie Woutersz posts (I assume she's Nicks GF or something)?

The funny thing it´s that in the end, it´s the band that will suffer the consequences of a behavior like this.

Carlos, is your Nick bashing referring to the Kristen Marie Woutersz posts (I assume she's Nicks GF or something)?

I have no idea who that chick is or even care ... just having a little fun with how painfully obvious Nick makes it that he brushes his teeth with little Joey

I mean, it wouldn't matter what Joey said or did, Nick will defend it

cfh11/Nuno Filipe: I agree in principle, but: is there a fan backlash against the band because of this? Do people not buy the album because of the internet-bitch fight? I don't really think that 99,9% of any band's fans even have an idea what a producer, a tracking engineer and a mixer is. I mean, 50% of musicians think mastering is mixing :)

If the band felt the album they got was bad sounding they had plenty of time to veto it and tell everyone involved to get their shit together. I wonder who ultimately decided to go with Bendeth (probably much more expensive) instead of Sturgis.

To clarify: I am not defending Sturgis, I'm just saying his original comment "Please don't think I'd make something sound this terrible!" is not really anything to write home about and unless this is a promo-stunt, Bendeth should have just shut up and mixed it like a man ... thereby giving Joey the ultimate finger of "I'm better than you at what I do, regardless of the crap you send me".

To clarify: I am not defending Sturgis, I'm just saying his original comment "Please don't think I'd make something sound this terrible!" is not really anything to write home about and unless this is a promo-stunt, Bendeth should have just shut up and mixed it like a man ... thereby giving Joey the ultimate finger of "I'm better than you at what I do, regardless of the crap you send me".

Isn't the "I'm better than you at what I do, regardless of the crap you sent me" what Bendeth originally did? This wasn't public until Joey made it public. To make matters worse, the original tweet that provoked Joey was complimenting the mix before Joey said it was shit.

Why didn't Joey shut up and hand over the proper tracks like a man when it was decided that Bendeth was mixing it?