Benedictum for PowerFest!!!

Finally heard Benedictum. There are two songs you can download from the Powerfest site.

I like the overall old school metal feeling to the songs.
I can not believe that is a female singing those songs.
I must say, at first listen, I don't hear the DIO influence.
Maybe I will if I listen to them at full volume, and not on low here at work.

Finally heard Benedictum. There are two songs you can download from the Powerfest site.

I like the overall old school metal feeling to the songs.
I can not believe that is a female singing those songs.
I must say, at first listen, I don't hear the DIO influence.
Maybe I will if I listen to them at full volume, and not on low here at work.

thats funny, you usually hate any band that has a girl in it.

thats funny, you usually hate any band that has a girl in it.

I am not a big fan of the operatic female fronted stuff, ala Nightwish, Epica, etc. I do though find female accompanying vocals add a nice touch at times (ala Luca Turilli, Star One, Ayreon).

As I said in my post, I couldn't believe that was a female singing for Benedictum.

I am not a big fan of the operatic female fronted stuff, ala Nightwish, Epica, etc.

If, by "not a big fan of", you mean "hate with a passion", then I'm right there with you. I often enjoy mid-range or aggressive female vocalists as much as male vocalists. I just can't stand the opera singer chicks.

As I said in my post, I couldn't believe that was a female singing for Benedictum.

You should hear some Chastain. :)

If, by "not a big fan of", you mean "hate with a passion", then I'm right there with you. I often enjoy mid-range or aggressive female vocalists as much as male vocalists. I just can't stand the opera singer chicks.

I wouldn't say hate with a passion. Just not something I could listen to a whole CD of.

I wouldn't say hate with a passion. Just not something I could listen to a whole CD of.

You told me last year on the way to Powerfest that females dont belong in bands....only in kitchens, that is why your wife doesnt go to shows. You wont let her.

I am a big fan of female fronted bands. Jason , you havent ben exposed to the good ones.

You told me last year on the way to Powerfest that females dont belong in bands....only in kitchens, that is why your wife doesnt go to shows. You wont let her.

I am a big fan of female fronted bands. Jason , you havent ben exposed to the good ones.

You apparently have not tasted my wife's cooking...... :)

I know you are a big fan of female fronted stuff.
You have showed me vids of Nightwish, Epica, etc. Just not my thing.
I am sure there are good ones, maybe even ones I would like better.

Just as I am sure there are bands you might like in genres you aren't into (IE - doom, death / doom) though you are not rushing out to look into it since you aren't interested in it overall. Not really that big of a deal.