Benedictum live !!!!!

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Yesterday Hawk and me went to a Benedictum gig in Belgium...Was awesome !! So...We're leaving on a 200 mile trip to Holland now to see them again :)
Review will follow tomorrow !!!

carnut said:
Yesterday Hawk and me went to a Benedictum gig in Belgium...Was awesome !! So...We're leaving on a 200 mile trip to Holland now to see them again :)
Review will follow tomorrow !!!

Man you read my mind! I have been WAITING on a comment from you two on how Benedictum was live!!! :kickass:

What covers did they play?

You guys have a blast and we wanna see some pictures... if you know what I mean!

Marlies said:
:wave:
It was awesome indeed!!!!!!! Great to be headbanging alongside the master (Hawk!!) I learned it from 25 or so years ago :headbang: And good to see you too :kickass:

Thanks Marlies :oops:

It was really great to see you and Nico again -as it always is - after such a long time.

Benedictum was awesome! We saw them again in Hengelo last night and they played even better; The crowd went wild again. Really great to see.

We have no pictures but the husband of Marlies is the best photographer I have ever seen. He has his own site here:

http://www.nicowobben.com/

In time you will be seeing the pictures he took of the gig.

As for covers; yea, "Heaven and Hell" and "The Mod Rules". But I like Benedictum because of their own songs. They are not a coverband for me. I could not care less if they stopped playing those covers.

Today we will be going to a blues festival, tonight there will be a BBQ and tomorrow night will be the highlight; a concert of the US prog band Pavlov's Dog. I am a fan of this band for 30 years now. A few years ago they reformd, they disbanded in the late 70s, and started playing again. Tomorrow night I will be seeing them for the first time. Its going to be magic!!

Ah, some time in between concerts for some thoughts on the Benedictum concerts....
First of Thursday we went to the concert at the Biebob club in Belgium...
The concert was just awesome...Hawk and me really had a good feeling this was going to be good, and we were damn right !! The whole record was played inclusive the 2 Sabbath covers, and 2 extra new songs, an instrumental and an awesome new song (Revenge of ...I don't remember :oops: ). This band is very tight, great musicians (all of them!!)and I said this to Veronica too; This band is not only about tits, it's about fucking Heavy Metal....Veronica has a GREAT voice. She missed a few notes in the first song, so that worried us a bit, but it was just warming up, the rest of the songs came out flawless !! I heard it say alot; this band is a gimmick; nice looking lady with big tits pretenting to be metal, well let me tell you: IT'S NOT !!!
After the show the whole band mixed with the public and we talked for about an hour or so with the guys, they have a very good knowledge of oldschool metal !!!

So....the next day they were playing in Holland, we really hadn't planned to go there because I normally had to go somewhere and it was another 200 mile trip. But it was decided pretty quick, canceled my meeting and we drove up to Holland...Damn traffic jams kept us busy for hours, 2 houre trip turned out to almost 5 hour...The venue in Holland was very close to the place were this weekend the "Arrow Classic" festival was (almost like Schwung in Belgium line up with some extra's). So we were very worried when very few people turned up. Again we talked with the guys for 2 hours or so before they had to play. We exchanged some music, the guys were very happy to hear some new slayer songs we brought them !
Although few people showed up the show was even better and all people went really crazy, lots of headbangers, so the venue seemed full anyway...

They are going to do an American tour when the new CD is released. Trust us: you don't want to miss it!! Kitty, they told us they were going to play in LA too, so I assume you will take care that alot of people show up there ;-) It's oldschool Metal to the bone, but it sounds very up to date.

Now, off to the Blues festival...man, four days of concerts is pretty tiring for old chaps like us .... NOT !!!!

carnut said:
Although few people showed up the show was even better and all people went really crazy, lots of headbangers, so the venue seemed full anyway...

I'd take such gig over any stadium gig any day... :worship:
I've seen Jag Panzer twice in similar circumstances and I don't regret a penny I spent to see them! The atmosphere of real fans totally into the show and every single song is unbeatable! :headbang:

carnut said:
They are going to do an American tour when the new CD is released. Trust us: you don't want to miss it!! Kitty, they told us they were going to play in LA too, so I assume you will take care that alot of people show up there ;-) It's oldschool Metal to the bone, but it sounds very up to date.

Excellent! Hopefully they'll come close to me here. I'd love to see them. Sounds like you two had just a little bit of fun.

carnut said:
Now, off to the Blues festival...man, four days of concerts is pretty tiring for old chaps like us .... NOT !!!!

:lol: :lol: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :lol: :lol: :kickass:

Keep rockin'!

Wheezer said:
Excellent! Hopefully they'll come close to me here. I'd love to see them. Sounds like you two had just a little bit of fun.

:lol: :lol: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :lol: :lol: :kickass:

Keep rockin'!

Thanks Carnut! I don't know how anyone can say they are "gimmicky", yes she's attractive, yes she got some 'lungs', but above all she surely puts those lungs to good use! She's got one hellofa voice!

Brent: ROADTRIP!!!!!:headbang:

Glad you had a great time guys!

I am right with Carnut on this band. They are pure talent and yes Veronica is a looker but her voice totally overshadows those looks because (on recording since I haven't seen them live) she can sing and it is very original. The music is a great mix of old and new without sounding old or new... if that makes sense.

I can not wait to see them live and I sure fucking hope they DON'T tour with GNR. Yeah the exposure would be fantastic but we all know what a dick Axle is... 'nuff said!

kittybeast said:
yes, they totally let down the UK fans in London at their gig, I think it was over an hour late before taking the stage and fans came by train and most left to catch the last trains home. Not a great way to start a comeback tour.
http://http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53430
Yes, but did anyone expect anything different from Axhole? Why anyone would continue to support this guy in any way, esp. financially, is beyond me.

Carnut & Hawk - glad you are enjoying the shows...here's to you and your concert marathon.:kickass:
Us old geezers have to show'em how its done.:lol:

TheWhisper said:
Carnut & Hawk - glad you are enjoying the shows...here's to you and your concert marathon.:kickass:
Us old geezers have to show'em how its done.:lol:

Thanks man, YOU RULE! I am looking forward to the US tour reports.
And people... If you get the chance to see Benedictum live... GO SEE THEM :headbang:

kittybeast said:
Brent: ROADTRIP!!!!!:headbang:

Oh certainly! Oh wait, you meant me come out there, right? :) That would be fun but I'm not sure I could swing it. I've had a couple extra trips hit the budget this year.

Wheezer said:
Oh certainly! Oh wait, you meant me come out there, right? :) That would be fun but I'm not sure I could swing it. I've had a couple extra trips hit the budget this year.

Well you and the wife can always come stay with us and hang out :)

Phjew...just dropped Hawk off in Holland, what a weekend !!! I'm pretty tired and have to go to work now :cry:

Saturday we went to a Blues Festival (called Bugaboos) ... Mostly for the very nice atmospere, great weather (all weekend btw) and the great hot-dogs :) I'm really not familiar with blues bands but Jimmy Thackery from the US did a pretty nice job there. He's an old chap with a 3 pc suite, but he crancked out some great Hendrix covers !! Also Belgian band Howlin' Bill is worth mentioning, great mix of blues and RnR and great guitar work again...
So, yesterday we went to see Pavlov's Dog, a long time favorit band of Hawk, who waited 30 years to see them !!! Imagine that!! So , I will leave a Pavlov's Dog review upto Hawk. I do wanna say I liked it a lot, they play some kind of early 70's heavy rock and that vocalist is just...awesome !!!