Best 1986 thrash album

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha wow dave calm down sire.

opinions are opinions because they're our own, and arguing about someones opinion is as pointless as trying to bum your dad, nothing good will come of it.

so what if people prefer puppets to other 86 albums, so what if they don't? when you think about it, theres a reason why some things are more succesful than others though... but then again who fucking cares.

puppets is awesome though ha.

EDIT: And about Manipulator's post - whats all this 'you shouldn't take music so serious' crap? Music is literally all I give a flying fuck about (with the except of some of my mates obviously), thats why threads like this piss me off so much!

I didn't say "music", I said "it" which actually meant everything in this thread, I don't think you should take it personal. There's no need to get pissed off, but I can fully understand why you would be and don't think I don't know that it's something serious, I'm fully aware of that myself. It's obvious that you're totally into this music and it's great to see you're going onto it like this.
But I guess it's also necessary that you look at things in different ways, ways that you'd probably never would agree with.

But I guess it's also necessary that you look at things in different ways, ways that you'd probably never would agree with.

i agree with this, i try to do that when writing new stuff, when matt gives me an idea about something ive done. most of the time i'll just say nah, but i do try haha

Like I said before, opinions are fine - its when people don't neccessarily stand in a fair position on the subject that it fucks me off, like I said before. If someone listened to more than just Pleasure to Kill, Master of Puppets, Peace Sells and Reign in Blood then I'd be more like 'Alright, fair enough. I still think they're gant though'. Which ain't the case here.

The elitism is something I try and keep to an absolute minimum nowadays, but threads like this.... baaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea. I'd rather just leave it here but that'd be slightly unfair on everyone else so yah - my bad lol

Oh and Danebramage, I shag you in the arse whilst you sleep. Not so cocky now ey? :p

Like I said before, opinions are fine - its when people don't neccessarily stand in a fair position on the subject that it fucks me off, like I said before. If someone listened to more than just Pleasure to Kill, Master of Puppets, Peace Sells and Reign in Blood then I'd be more like 'Alright, fair enough. I still think they're gant though'. Which ain't the case here.

The elitism is something I try and keep to an absolute minimum nowadays, but threads like this.... baaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea. I'd rather just leave it here but that'd be slightly unfair on everyone else so yah - my bad lol

Oh and Danebramage, I shag you in the arse whilst you sleep. Not so cocky now ey? :p

Seeing how this is an Internet discussion, I'm not terribly worried. But I you can see my point though right? This is based on opinions, and denying someone's opinions just makes you look ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And to say that you need to have heard every thrash album from '86 to have a say... well have you heard all of them? Even from the booming Japanese scene?

When you say these threads are a bad idea and you can't help but rage... that's something a psychiatrist can help you with.

Pic related:
computergif.gif

Psychiatrists piss me off :lol: But seriously, I just get fucked off when people don't really have much on their side of a debate. Like I said, if they've heard more than five thrash records from that year (and those five are always the obvious ones) then I'm fine with them likging Master of Puppets or Reign in Blood above Possessed by Fire, even if I disagree and think Metallica suck nuts. Its when people have only heard those albums that everyone harps on about in Mallcore Hammer and Kerrang and refuse to acknowledge anything else that I start to get pissed. I've actually had debates such as this one with people who have gone 'Okay, can you recommend me this or that?', I give them some recommendations, then three or four days later they'll come back and say 'I'd agree this is better' or 'Its fucking brilliant but I still prefer *insert album name here* because *insert rant here*'. And thats what I like. What I don't like is essentially what goes on in here and 90% of every other metal forums on earth where its just mindless slagging off because I think Master of Puppets is crap and everyone else bums it.

I don't wanna rage on this discussion any further really, but you *points* and you *points* and you *points* and ESPECIALY you *points again* seem to keep coming back to it. Which is fair enough, but don't bitch and whine if I laugh at Master of Puppets :lol:

As for the japthrash thing, I've heard a fucking lot. Mostly from Sabbat, but a lot from other ridiculous obscure bands. Though I'm unsure what year each of them came out, its all great stuff. Sabbat JP are made of epic and win.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to the pub.

Reign in Blood is definitely my favorite album. It's fast, it has great guitar riffs, Tom's vocals rule and Dave's drummings are awesome. It's the only album to which I banged my head behind my computer 'till the end.

About Master of Puppets, I consider it thrash, and it is a great album. It isn't as fast as RiB, but that doesn't make it bad. For me: Kill 'em All > Master of Puppets > Ride the Lightning.

Psychiatrists piss me off :lol: But seriously, I just get fucked off when people don't really have much on their side of a debate. Like I said, if they've heard more than five thrash records from that year (and those five are always the obvious ones) then I'm fine with them likging Master of Puppets or Reign in Blood above Possessed by Fire, even if I disagree and think Metallica suck nuts. Its when people have only heard those albums that everyone harps on about in Mallcore Hammer and Kerrang and refuse to acknowledge anything else that I start to get pissed. I've actually had debates such as this one with people who have gone 'Okay, can you recommend me this or that?', I give them some recommendations, then three or four days later they'll come back and say 'I'd agree this is better' or 'Its fucking brilliant but I still prefer *insert album name here* because *insert rant here*'. And thats what I like. What I don't like is essentially what goes on in here and 90% of every other metal forums on earth where its just mindless slagging off because I think Master of Puppets is crap and everyone else bums it.

I don't wanna rage on this discussion any further really, but you *points* and you *points* and you *points* and ESPECIALY you *points again* seem to keep coming back to it. Which is fair enough, but don't bitch and whine if I laugh at Master of Puppets :lol:

As for the japthrash thing, I've heard a fucking lot. Mostly from Sabbat, but a lot from other ridiculous obscure bands. Though I'm unsure what year each of them came out, its all great stuff. Sabbat JP are made of epic and win.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to the pub.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.