Best 7 string guitar (CHEAP)?

Take a look at this VGS guitar. Looks awesome and is pretty cheap for the specs. One of the guitarist of uses it on stage as well as in studio so I guess it worth it. Never tried one myself though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone said ibanez, actually there is a new serie, the iron label, which is very cheap, it's the S shape and the RG shape with 6-7-8 strings and 2 emg pickups at the lowest price around. a great deal.

New? Hellraiser if you like EMG's, Blackouts if you like Seymour Duncans, Loomis with floyd rose are awesome and my favorite in that price range: LTD's H-1007.

You can usually get a used Ibanez Universe for around $1200. That's a pretty good option.
A new Schecter Loomis (as previously mentioned) is right at a grand.

I hope this helps.

I just bought a Jackson SLATTXMGQ3-7 from Sweetwater last week. $750 and it seems like a great guitar.

I had some reservations about buying it since I've heard mixed reviews. Maybe it's due to Sweetwater's set up but it arrived just perfect. Low action, no buzzing, and stays in tune well. The neck and scale length (26.5") are really comfortable. Not sure what the contributing factor is but the sustain is really extraordinary on this guitar. Tension on the strings is nice and tight. The rosewood board is dark and smooth (I can't stand light-colored, dry rosewood boards like I see on a lot of Ibbys). I like it considerably better than anything I've played by Ibanez or Schecter under $1200.

It does come with EMGs (707s) which people tend to love or hate. I have mixed opinions on them. They seem to do metal reasonably well...other things not so much. Haven't decided if they'll stay in the long run.

I like a lot of my Schecter Blackjack Atx C-7
Comes with Seymour Duncan Blackouts pickups.
It has mahogany body and ebony figerboard. It's well built and have a "dark" sound.
It's $ 850 on Ebay, but in Brasil it's not so easy to find... I've got mine in a trade on "MercadoLivre".