Best 80's guitar duos

Murray / Smith - the gold standard

Tipton / Downing - vastly over-rated as lead players

DeMartini / Crosby - I was never impressed with Crosby as a lead player

DeGarmo / Wilton - vastly underrated

Zod

Agree on Tipton / Downing although from a pure Iconic standpoint, they are up there.

Agree on Degarmo / Wilton !

Agree on the Crosby comment. DeMartini was/is a bad ass.

DeGarmo / Wilton - vastly underrated

I disagree here, these guys are worshiped among their fans and put upon a pedestal by most metal fans abroad.

Most talented duo of all-time? Loomis / Broderick. What they do together is just flat out sick.

This I 110% agree with! I was a late bloomer when it comes to Nevermore, but these guys kick all sorts of asses! :headbang:

~Brian~

Most talented duo of all-time? Loomis / Broderick. What they do together is just flat out sick.

Zod

While I'm happy for Broderick being in Megadeth, a fairly coveted gig with stable financial reward, I'm pretty bummed he's no longer in Nevermore :(

I disagree here, these guys are worshiped among their fans and put upon a pedestal by most metal fans abroad.

This I 110% agree with! I was a late bloomer when it comes to Nevermore, but these guys kick all sorts of asses! :headbang:

~Brian~

I think you are correct on both points. My faith in you is slowly being restored after that Christ Zero incident the other day.

Britt

mëtålspëd;7946685 said:
I dont think I could pass this thread, without posting up some 'snake:

John Sykes/Adrian Vandenberg (1987)
or
Vandenberg/Vai (Slip of the Tongue)

If I remember correctly, Vandenberg didn't play any of the guitar on Slip of the Tongue either. He hurt his hand doing finger exercises so Vai played all of the guitar.

I gotta go with racer x and cacophony.

For un-80s, I have to go with Loomis and Broderick(but Steve was amazing as well with them), and Schuldiner/Masvidal, Schuldiner/Koelble, and Schuldiner/Hamm, and everything else Death, and also Control Denied.

My absolute current favorite are the guys in Bloodbath(with every duo they have had), and also Trivium.

My favorites and these guys were truely amazing live:

Bruce Brookshire/Ric Skelton - DOC HOLLIDAY

Hughie Thomassan/Billy Jones/Steve Grisham - THE OUTLAWS

No love for Freddie Salem? ;)

I took the metal route on my reply, but yeah, Doc Holiday, Hatchet, Outlaws
is ALL good stuff....
I remain, a closet rebel rocker,
J-Dubya :headbang:

Gilbert/Boulliet - Racer X
Becker/Friedman - Cacophony
Fripp/Belew-King Crimson
Zappa/Vai- Frank Zappa

Best ever.....probably Vai/Keneally

Yeah, I should be shot for not mentioning the Vai/Zappa duo....
I think Keneally/Vai was 90's though...I'll check, and repent here if I'm wrong....:saint:
(Still, a KILLER duo!:headbang:)

Excuse me, but I have to represent here...

...shame on me for forgetting the Caffery/Pitrelli duo of the 90's...

of course this is intended to be an 80's duo thread...well that's shot to hell! :heh:

~Brian~