• Blackwater Park

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Damnation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MAYH.

Got into Opeth when BWP was released and into metal one year before that. It all started with Metallica and Nine Inch Nails (yeah I know they're not metal)... BWP made me appreciate "rough" vocals.

Voted for Blackwater Park cuz I know all these songs in and out. That's not the case with the other albums. But they are all really great, so it's still an unfair vote :D

I got into Opeth with BWP. "Bleak" and "Harvest" were they first songs I ever listened to. After that I bought Deliverance and Damnation.

I got into metal around millenium. Starting with NuMetal over Punk and finally I like Gothic, Progressive and BlackMetal most.

My Arms Your Herse.

1. Got into metal about 99-2000 with Metallica music from And Justice For All.

2. Got into Opeth Mid to Late 2001 when I heard Credence and The Night and The Silent Water off of a compilation CD.

Got into Opeth about 2 years ago, when I heard Sereneity Painted Death from a friend, about 4 years ago. I started with mostly Maiden and stuff, now and its much more, from heavy metal, to pure death like Behemoth nad Nile. And im still only 17 :D

morningrise is unbeaten.

i've never listened to opeth before i've bought deliverance a short while after it'D released.

i've listened to metal since metallica's load....if you want to call it metal!

As shameful and bull shit as I may sound, I've been into heavier music since I was a fucking baby. I've always been listening to heavy music. As years went by, my heaviness in music progressed slowly. I remember buying a Fear Factory CD when I was about 13 and I had thought it was hevay as shit. The album was Obsolete. I am now 17 and I've enjoyed so much heavier music. I've only been into Opeth for about 3 1/2-4 months now and I own the entire collection now. I voted for Blackwater Park because it was first Opeth album and I love it to death.

Still Life is my favorite, even though I listen to MAYH more, every time i pull out Still Life I get lost in the music and the story, and it blows me away every time.

I know you will all grown but i got into metal, well...heavy music shall we say with Korn Follow the Leader in 1999, got into Opeth iin Feburary when this metal head guy put it on at work (Hungry Jack's, which is Burger King With a different name) and as i was workign i heard the singing in Bleak and Drapery Falls, he told me to download Drapery Falls i did, bought BWP that weekend, then progressed from there, now i love their music, well everything and now im a good old death and black metal fan, we have a convert here hehehehe

Morningrise
1)I got into Opeth after hearing samples of SL on Amazon and then proceeding to download "The Moor"

2) I got into metal when I was about 14, and I bought Korn-Issues, actualy it was the 1st CD I ever bought.

I voted for MAYH. I find it amusing because around this time last year I probably still thought of this album as my least favorite Opeth album and either Morningrise or Blackwater Park as my favorite. Anyway, I started listening to metal frequently in 96. I had been listening to all types of rock influenced music since I was little. Probably around 1990 is when I started to really develop my taste for rock/blues influenced music. I was only in kindergarten at the time. Eventually I hit high school and I'm on a big Metallica kick. I listen to Ozzy, Megadeth, and Black Label Society a lot. Then I get into the virtuoso guitarist. I started sampling Opeth at around 99. I got some stuff from Orchid. I hated the growling but there was this one awesome part in The Apostle in Triumph that caught my attention. I also liked the Maiden Cover and thought the Celtic Frost cover was very well done. However, I didn't end up making the plunge into buying an Opeth cd until Blackwater Park came out. When I got it I was intrigued by it but mainly stuck with what appealed to me...that being Harvest. Eventually, I got Still Life. I thought it was bland. I ended up getting Orchid and My Arms. I loved To Bid You Farewell and Morningrise became my fave. I thought MAYH was just incredibly boring and was basically beyond me. Now I'm diving into the more obscure genres of metal. I've found some real jems and a lot of crap. I haven't found anything that tops Opeth but I wouldn't mind finding a lot more bands that came close to dethroning Opeth off the pedestal I've made for them.

SO is that it then - everyone voted and had their say? (Although 102 votes is pretty lame considering this forum has a post count of about 400,000).
If that's it then MAYH is the winner, followed VERY closely by Morningrise, BWP and Still Life.
Orchid is not too popular, and Damnation is easily the worst (or "least great"!) record Opeth have put out.
Cheers to all who voted and posted their stuff - it's interesting reading (and apparently I'm an Elder of Metal on this board so you fuckers better give me some respect! :lol: )
Cheers!! :Smokin: