Best album from each of these thrash bands??

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
....and are they worth owning?

Overkill
Destruction
Annihilator
Kreator
Sodom
Artillery
Coroner
Exodus
Metal Church
Toxic Holocaust
Nuclear Assault
Sadus
Vio-Lence
Sacred Reich

and if ya want...fuck it, gimme 5-10 ABSOLUTELY MUST OWN thrash metal masterpieces besides the obvious Slayer, Sepultera, Metallica.

This Andralls CD is really getting me back into good 'ol kickass thrash. :kickass:

I love Sacred Reich, they consistently had 8/10 albums that I adore.

Other than that I'm pretty set with Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, and Sepultura's thrash days, but I do need to get Darkness Descends one of these days. Heard it once and thought "waow." Also I never thought much for Anthrax, S.O.D. kicked their ass.

Some of these had ties for me....

Overkill - The Years of Decay
Annihilator - Alice In Hell
Kreator - Extreme Aggression, Coma Of Souls
Coroner - No More Color
Exodus - Pleasures of the Flesh (I am one of the few that I know that likes Zetro better than Baloff)
Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise
Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care
Sadus - A Vision of Misery
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare & Oppressing the Masses rule

as far as others at the top of the list, yet just under the radar of most...

Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal
Helstar - Nosferatu
Devastation - Idolatry
Dead Horse - Peaceful Death and Pretty Flowers

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Overkill - Taking OVer
Destruction - Eternal Devastation ... or Infernal Overkill for an old school flavor
Annihilator - Alice in Hell
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Sodom - hmmm ... I like them, but their stuff is so different over the years ... maybe Agent Orange
Artillery - Fear of Tomorrow ... but this band is not so exciting in a thrash sense
Coroner -
Exodus - Bonded by Blood ... and the last 2 discs shred also
Metal Church - .... this is like white trash speed metal to me ... never did shit that was consistent
Toxic Holocaust - ask footbalm
Nuclear Assault - The Plague EP
Sadus - Swallowed in Black ... the new one Out for Blood rules too
Vio-Lence - I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these fuckers ... get both the early discs ... Eternal Nightmare and Opressing the Masses
Sacred Reich - Surf Nicarague and the debut

Overkill - Taking Over or Under the Influence
Destruction - Never a huge Destruction fan, but partial to Eternal Devastation
Kreator - Terrible Certainty, Pleasure to Kill
Sodom - Eh, maybe Agent Orange
Coroner - RIP or Punishment for Deacadence (GREAT band!)
Exodus - BBB is the obvious answer, but because I find it a bit overrated I'd go with Fabulous Disaster or either of their last two)
Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise is actually my favorite MC album, but it's far less thrashy. First album w/ new frontman.
Nuclear Assault - Game Over (LOVE this one). Now comes w/ The Plague EP
Sadus - Illusions/Chemical Exposure (Sadus albums to be reissued this summer)

You need Death Angel's The Ultra-Violence if you don't have it.
Exhorder
Deathchain - Deadmeat Disciples (newer, and hardly a must own, but a good listen)

Overkill – Years of Decay/Horrorscope/Killbox 13, start with Years but pretty much all their shit rules.

Destruction – The AntiChrist, absolute MUST BUY.

Annihilator - sucky band

Kreator - Coma of Souls/Pleasure to Kill, both absolute classics

Sodom - Agent Orange, another one of those "classic" albums with perhaps the largest assortment of neckbreaking riffs ever.

Artillery - haven't heard enough

Coroner - No More Color

Exodus - Bonded By Blood, if you don't own this you don't own shit.

Metal Church - seemingly incapable of making a bad album, I'd start with the s/t and work from there. Also Hanging In the Balance is incredibly underrated.

Toxic Holocaust - Evil Never Dies WAR IS FUCKING HELL RAAAHHR

Nuclear Assault - honestly not a big fan.

Sadus - Swallowed In Black. Sadus is awesome.

Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare and Oppressing the Masses, now that these are both back in print nobody has any excuse for not owning them (besides not being able to deal with Sean Killian's vocals)

Sacred Reich - absolute shit

Some absolute HOLY SHIT MUST BUY thrash albums:
Sabbat - History of A Time To Come
Ulysses Siren - Above the Ashes
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Heathen - Breaking the Silence/Victims of Deception (fucking awesome band who deserve more fans, speed/thrash awesomeness.)
And the aforementioned Overkill, Exodus, Destruction, and Sodom.

fucking classic ... but hard to find I think ...

WARGASM - Why play aorund? :kickass: x 1000

Actually just get all the Artillery albums. Fear of Tomorrow is GREAT and B.A.C.K is pretty damn good. But Terror Squad is my all time favourite thrash release.

Overkill - The Years of Decay and Horrorscope are essential, WFO, Killbox 13, Bloodletting, and Necroshine are good, I Hear Black is ok, the rest are 'meh' to me
Destruction - never listened to them
Annihilator - Never, Neverland for me, but Alice in Hell appeals to more people for some reason. I also really liked Carnival Diablos.
Kreator - Coma of Souls is their best, IMO. I should get that one again. Renewal was really cool, but waaaay different (more industrial than anything).
Sodom - never listened to them
Artillery - never listened to them
Coroner - Mental Vortex is the best, IMO. John Frank would shoot me for saying so, but I don't think they're essential.
Exodus - I'm an Impact is Imminent fan, but most people dig their earlier stuff better. Anything after Impact is a throwaway IMO.
Metal Church - the debut is the only one I've considered getting, but I haven't heard them all
Toxic Holocaust - never listened to them
Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care and Out of Order are great, but probably not essential. Their earlier stuff was hit and miss for me, but definitely some great tunes in there
Sadus - I personally thought they got better on each release, excepting the brand new one. Many prefer Swallowed in Black or A Vision of Misery.
Vio-Lence - can't stand the vocals on the debut, but Opressing the Masses is definitely essential thrash. the last one was weak
Sacred Reich - Ignorance, Surf Nicaragua, and The American Way are all essential. The two after that are not thrash, but Independent is still good music (Heal is not so much).