Best album from each of these thrash bands??

Pyrus said:
Original? No. Displays impressive technical prowess? No. Artistically adept even by thrash standards? No.

Kicks you in the cunt over and over? Fuck yes. Top 20 for sheer headbanging goodness.

Are you talking about Agent Orange?

AO is mid-paced goodness throughout, where half of it is great and the other half is mediocre at best. Some of the lyrics are diabolical (and not even in that cheesy thrash style, just plain germanic idiocy). I listened to it again a few months back and realized just how dated it sounds, and yet it came out in 1989, way after thrash's peak. Some of you guys are overhyping it me thinks, or you're not remembering it correctly.

To even suggest it's better than Alice in Hell is absurd simply because AiH is "original", it does display "impressive technical prowess", and it is "technically adept even by thrash standards".

:headbang:

Yeah but Annihilator sucks. They noodle all over the place, can't maintain a solid thrash break for more than 15-20 seconds, and put way too much focus on Waters' soloing. He's an amazing guitarist, but he spends way too much time trying to show us that instead of stfuing and playing some riffage.

yeah, tht was my problem with annihilation too. I don't want to listen to guitar doodleys when I listen to thrash, I want to get a nice headbang session going.

Annihilator and Megadeth were speed metal. That's what you did in speed metal. If you don't like speed metal, then that's your problem homeys.

Why speed gets lumped in with thrash, I don't know.

And yes Annihilator today suck ass, but their first 2 albums rule supreme.

Pyrus said:
Judas Priest didn't do no DEEDLY DEEDLY bullshit on "Exciter" yo.

I'm no fan of widdle diddle, but when Jeff Waters, for example, plays THAT FUCKEN ALMIGHTY GUITAR SOLO on "Stonewall", I am floored EACH AND EVERY TIME. And his riff changes are just outstanding. To quote Erik once, "the man has riffs growing on trees".

Anyway, let's focus on the important things, like how much Iced Earth's first three albums fucking rule, which is a lot. Burnt Offerings is one of my all-time top 10 or 20 or something.

Burnt Offerings became my favorite IE after a long while. I'll agree to this, even if Schaffer himself hates it with a passion.