Best album from each of these thrash bands??

JayKeeley said:
Annihilator and Megadeth were speed metal. That's what you did in speed metal. If you don't like speed metal, then that's your problem homeys.

Why speed gets lumped in with thrash, I don't know.

And yes Annihilator today suck ass, but their first 2 albums rule supreme.

100% true.

Agent Orange is great but Alice in Hell >>>>>>>>10 billion>>>Agent Orange

Tree full o' riffs + Forest of Solo's= Arborium of awesomeness

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Agent Orange is great but Alice in Hell >>>>>>>>10 billion>>>Agent Orange

Tree full o' riffs + Forest of Solo's= Arborium of awesomeness

Finally, a voice of reason!

And I like Agent Orange. Lots of riff/tempo changes which is always a good thing. (Footbalm - that's what I mean by "mid-paced", i.e. lots of mid-tempo riff time changes and less frenzy no time changes from start to finish sorta thing).

Anyway, just to end this here, Doomcifer already said he's sold on Annihilator so my work here is done.

it's funny ... as after Obsessed By Cruelty and the debut ... Agent Orange was seen as a sellout back in the days ...

ok ... so here is some Wargasm ... not that anyone seems to care ... but these guys have this fucking awesome guitar tone ...

http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSkYFG2ZG4

JayKeeley said:
Annihilator and Megadeth were speed metal. That's what you did in speed metal.

Quoted for false.

Please refer to Battalions of Fear for doing-speed-metal-right, and Exciter, and Razor, and JP - Painkiller and Stormwarrior, and etc. etc.

man i need to thrashen up my collection, the only stuff i have is like slayer, megadeth, sodom, kreator, heathen, toxic holocaust...standard shit pretty much on all accounts

KILL TULLY said:
Please refer to Battalions of Fear for doing-speed-metal-right, and Exciter, and Razor, and JP - Painkiller and Stormwarrior, and etc. etc.

Yeah I think I might have heard those albums once or twice. Don't forget Accept and Bon Jovi.

SPEED KILLS BUT WHO'S DYING

KILL TULLY said:
Quoted for false.

All great stuff, and all considered classics right next to Alice in Hell.

I love Alice in Hell and don't think it fits with the description people where giving Annihilator anyways. New Annihilator = wank fests. Alice in Hell rules.

Okay, so far I have bought these:

Overkill - Years of Decay
Sepultura - Arise
Vio-lence - Oppressing The Masses/Torture Tactics
Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare 2CD

Still need to buy:

Heathen - Victims of Deception
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Destruction - The Antichrist
Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket To Mayhem
Sabbat - History of a Time To Come

Pyrus said:
That's, like, the highest recommendation imaginable considering what a DOUCHE that man is.

I was going to post something towards that end until seeing this...agreed completely, though his failure to recognize his best (only good?) album doesn't piss me off...replacing the Dante illustration with that cheap monster shit does.

Doomcifer said:
Okay, so far I have bought these:

Overkill - Years of Decay
Sepultura - Arise
Vio-lence - Oppressing The Masses/Torture Tactics
Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare 2CD

Still need to buy:

Heathen - Victims of Deception
Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket To Mayhem
Sabbat - History of a Time To Come

Okay, now I ordered:

Whiplash - War and Pain/Ticket To Mayhem

:kickass:

great stuff .. but that Destruction disc ... hmm ... not bad ... but their 80's stuff pisses all over it

Contrary to my usual stance, I think The Antichrist beats the crap out of most early Destruction. Part of it is the production - heaviest goddamn guitar tone ever - but the songwriting just seems so much more memorable, unlike earlier efforts which just kinda blended together.