Best album of the new millenium

Ra-kot

Nov 17, 2002
Visit site
Whats yar personal best album since 2000?

For me its definitely "Agalloch-The Mantle".

For me its finally an album which i always waited for and which just 100% suits my music taste, especially in the autumn times we are now. Melancholic but not depressive Doom with tocryfor leads, incredible accoustic guitar work, fantastic production, beautiful lyrics, perfect cdcover and artwork, wonderful mix of black growls which still feel soft and "warm" with whispers and clean voice chant, ... --->
a unique atmosphere which i even couldnt find on any opeth albom. The difference is in the far more progressive work of opeth i guess which makes opeth's music still not that easy to listen as its musically very challenging and at least i cant relax listening to it, because i have to concentrate on music to understand all its sense and beauty.
The Mantle gives ya an incredible experience even when ya just close yar eyes and relax not concentrating on any riff or melody. Its a jewel! Doom metal at its very best. Progressive, beautifull, inspiring but still relaxing listeningexperience.

That thread should belong to the off-topic section; you would get more replies there.

Anyway, I would have to say "Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets"; nothing but the most intense spiritual journey I've ever been through.

Runner-up: Sigur Ros - ( ), Neurosis & Jarboe, GY!BE - LYSFLATH and ISIS - Oceanic.

Nice post btw! I love The Mantle as well.

Hard to say. I don't think I've been paying much attention to new releases... there's so much other stuff to check out all the time, older classics so I don't usually care much about the new.

I suppose, being on an Opeth forum and them being my favourite band and all, I could say Blackwater Park.

I haven't heard/purchased many complete albums lately, so I'd have to go with one I just picked up recently.

Nightingale - Alive Again

runners up: Deliverance/Damnation and Crimson II (just got it yesterday, so my opinion isn't fully formed, or else it'd take the prize for sure)