Best Camel album?

Korlich

So Judah fucked it up
Jul 28, 2003
Århus, Denmark
I know this is off topic (Shoot me). But i wondered which camel album you guys consideret the best. The reason i´m asking is that this band keeps appearing as an influence to Opeth and i´d like to hear their best effort.

Mark said:
After a request from Opeth.com, the off-topic forum has been closed, and all threads therein have been moved to UM's general chat forum (a link has been placed at the top of this forum for your convenience).

Please note, this forum is for Opeth discussion only. Flame wars, personal attacks, and other disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated - anyone wishing to push these limits may well find their account suspended without notice.

This forum is provided (and paid for) by Opeth for discussion about the band's music and performances. Please refrain from using it for anything else.

i got camel's self titled, and for any of those who have it, is it just me, or does the intro to Never Let Go sound strikingly similar to Benighted? now let me reword that. doesn't Benighted sound strikingly similar to camel's Never Let Go? it certainly does, just speeded up a bit.

deliverance said:
i got camel's self titled, and for any of those who have it, is it just me, or does the intro to Never Let Go sound strikingly similar to Benighted? now let me reword that. doesn't Benighted sound strikingly similar to camel's Never Let Go? it certainly does, just speeded up a bit.
Agreed.

I recently downloaded some Camel songs. When "Never Let Go" came on, i thought i had put some Opeth into my playlist by accident. The intro is basically the "Benighted" riff a step up. No big deal i suppose, but yeah, definately noticeable.