Any Camel fans here?

ChrisEmerson said:
'theres a fox on the 'ill, and hes... standing still.. as though he's trying to hide'

hahaha great song
you're not being serious, right?? god, I really hate the last Camel album ("A nod and a wink"). yes, there are some good guitar parts but the lyrics just ruin everything, especially on the pathetic last track. Rajaz was good, though

IAmEternal said:
how do you propose, almighty Hypnos, that people DO get into new bands?
most of the people who listen to Camel because of Mikael will only give them a fair chance, not worship them simply because Mikael does. this is expanding Camel's fanbase and diversifying the musical taste of Opeth fans. how is this a bad thing?

because i hate when people talk about things they dont know about. numerous times i will be talking to someone about camel or another band at a show, and some douchebag in a blackwater park shirt comes up and says "i love camel, mikael told me to listen to them!" and i ask what their favorite album is by camel....and they cant even name one.

of course this is only one example of the insanity...but anything of this nature i have a problem with. if you need more info on why i hate opeth fanboys, then check out the "why opeth fans get a bad rap" thread...and look at the 2nd post...which should be mine. its all right there for you.

My answer is that people shouldnt get into new bands, they should just listen to opeth 24/7 and all other bands except opeth should be terminated.

in fact, i better change my user name to "Opethic Advented Master Aprentice of Blackwater Park Beneath The Weeping Moon in Damnation", just so im not called an elitest anymore. i just couldnt bear being flamed by the people in this forum who are only mildly into bands.

yada yada yada. :Smug:

LordHypnos said:
My answer is that people shouldnt get into new bands, they should just listen to opeth 24/7 and all other bands except opeth should be terminated.

in fact, i better change my user name to "Opethic Advented Master Aprentice of Blackwater Park Beneath The Weeping Moon in Damnation", just so im not called an elitest anymore. i just couldnt bear being flamed by the people in this forum who are only mildly into bands.

Fuck your strange..

LordHypnos said:

Yeah, but your name is LordHypnos, so that already makes you as gay as everyone else, especially since you keep skillfully dodging the questions.

Let's just sum this up now:

1. You think people posting in this thread blindly like Camel just because Opeth gave them props.

2. They are actually discussing elements of the band in this thread, not just handing out blind praise.

3. You don't like Opeth fans because many give out too much blind praise.

Who is the gayest person here?

All of us, for talking about it over the internet.

LordHypnos said:
ah yes...camel....the Opeth fanboys introduction to the world of underground 70s progressive rock.

::shakes head in disgust::
Not everyone discover progressive rock by meeting Lord Herpes himself in the sacred halls of leetness, accept it.

I make a generalized statement about fanboys, and instantly everyone has a problem with the statement.

result...everyone who posted here is a self proclaimed and proven fanboy.

conclusion....all of you are morons.

good day.

or maybe -

you make a foolish statement, and everyone who posted here is a self proclaimed enemy of such foolish statements. Go get yourself a girl of some kind, it might lower your immense frustration.

Wow, I'm sorry I started this Camel(fanboy) thread. I started listening to both Camel and Opeth back in 97. What band did I hear first? Who gives a shit!

The best people here are the shit pullers anyway and since you guys get so offended easily and post like it's some ultimate live journal, you're the weak.
This forum should be changed to UltimatemetalLivejournal.com/forum, so all you pathetic whining immature shitheads can just bitch and cry like you do here.

I don't see a problem with any of Lord Hypnos' reasoning...his facts are correct. It's obvious from the past 2 Opeth shows I've seen.

Opeth = good
Opeth fans = "OMG LOL!" BAD