Best album of the year?

Satariel: "Phobos & Deimos"
This album surprised the fuck out of me, I knew they were talented but not that they could write songs like THIS! I urge everyone to listen to "Coffin gateways" or "The Claim".

Immortal - 'Sons of Northern Darkness'
or
Nile - 'In Their Darkened Shrines'

I can't decide right now, so I'm gonna listen to both of them.:D

2002 has definitely not been a great year for metal, it seems that a vast majority of all the big names are taking a break this year. That gives us all the more expectations of 2003 however. :)

As for the best of this fairly lukewarm metal year I'd pick In Flames' Reroute to Remain as the best Album of the year. Yes, narrowminded Extreme metal elitists may begin to whine and cry now.

i see so the best metal album of the year is an album thats predomenathly rock synth pop and *NOT* metal

intresting....

:lol:

nile crushes them and your silly oppinon that "big names" havent been put out this year.

sofar the only album iv heard you guys mention that is even half as good as nile in their darkneed shrines is the new immortal, son's is a strong album(though i think damned in black is stronger), and i dont think its there strongest, where as nile has never been stronger more technical more progressive or more powerfull...

why nile has crushed everything this year and will continue to im betting :)

-Necro

NecromancerAlpha:

If you are going to insult somebody try at least to get your grammar and spelling right, or you look hysteric.

Thank you for proving what I just said about narrowminded extreme metal elitists.

nice attempt at diverting the convo.

to bad my point still stands rerout isnt metal.

nor is it good.

no sane reviewer has put rerout on their top 10 of the year i will bet money on that.

You are mistaken, to bad for your conviction then a good part of the real scene (which excludes fanatic elitists at webforums) considers it great then.

Daniel Josefsson of Sweden's Close up-magazine just loves it (CU-M #53)

Jim Martin of Britain's Terrorizer consider it one of the most important Albums this year for the progress of extreme metal (Terrorizer #103)

Tim Henderson of Canada's Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine echoes Jim Martin (interview at www.metallian.com)

I could go on forever...I have really tried finding a credible reviewer (professionals) in a print mag coming down REAL hard on Reroute just to hear some of their arguments, I have yet to find one. The whining is solely from a small click of extreme metal elitists that keep repeating like a mantra how it's bad, but only end up sounding like broken records.

Well, I've presented what you ask for, but keep your money. I'm sure you'll need it better to get by in your daily life.