Best album sound?

Luann

Apr 5, 2008
Argentina
As I listen to still life, I notice I love the sound of the acoustic guitars, my dad says that it has too much reverb, but I don't give a fuck.
The voice of mike on this album is really great too, it's very big.
I love the drums sound on watershed for example, maybe because of axe's playing?
What album do you think that has the better sound?

I remember hearing Serenity Painted Death for the first time and I thought that Mike's clean voice sounded a lot like Jerry Cantrell's. I also thought there were at least 3 vocalists in the band... so yeah I love the sound of Mike's vocals on Still Life.

They all have their advantages and disadvantages I think, but its leaning towards Watershed for me.

Sound wise, I pretty much like them all after MAYH..I find Orchid an MR a bit too tinny and MAYH too muddy. Great songs though!. Deliverance sounds a bit brittle to me, like in the first big drum fill on "Wreath", the drums sound a bit like "pit pat" if you know what I mean!.. Watershed sounds brilliant.

As I listen to still life, I notice I love the sound of the acoustic guitars, my dad says that it has too much reverb, but I don't give a fuck.
The voice of mike on this album is really great too, it's very big.
I love the drums sound on watershed for example, maybe because of axe's playing?
What album do you think that has the better sound?

LOL, I actually agree with your dad, I can't stand the sound of the acoustics on SL, but I love the sound of the acoustics on Orchid and MR.

1. My Arms Your Hearse
2. Ghost Reveries
3. Watershed
4. Blackwater Park
5. Still Life
6. Morningrise
7. Orchid
8. Damnation
9. Deliverance

I rather liked the sound production of "Lamentations". As far as studio sound, though, going to have to say BWP.