Votes: 35 21.9%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Damnation

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 18 11.3%

• Total voters
I put still life because it has a certain tragic beauty to it its hard to explain but its one of the most beautiful albums I have heard seriously how can you deny an album that contains such classics as The Moor,Godheads lament,Benighted,Face of Melinda and serenity painted death (I like the other two tracks as well but these in my opinion are the classics). Although it was tough choosing between that and Morningrise as Morningrise is just so dark and gloomy I've got to listen to my arms your hearse more though I've only really had the opportunity to listen through it a couple of times even though i've been a fan for a long time now:(

so My list excluding my arms you hearse (i do love that cd but I haven't listened to it enough times to judge and the new Cd would be

Still Life
Morningrise
Deliverance=Blackwater park
Orchid
Ghost Reveries
Damnation (Has some beautiful tracks like Windowpain ,In My Time of Need and Hope Leaves but is let down by some much weaker tracks )

does still life not win every time?

I wouldn't know why it would. Still Life is their second best record behind My Arms, Your Hearse! Personally, I don't feel Still Life or My Arms can be topped. Musically, I like Still Life better. But, lyrically and content wise, I like My Arms better. But, I always seem to choose MAYH over still life.

What I don't understand is BWP. I like the album and all, but it is their worst. I really do like Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson, but BWP is way too influenced by Steven Wilson to even be considered a great Opeth album. During the Steven Wilson era, I'd take Damnation over the rest. ...and Where's the love for Orchid?

For me, it will be like that if I had to class opeth albums and it was VERY difficult to class them because they're all amaizing ;

Still Life
Deliverance=Blackwater park
Morningrise=Orchid
My Arms Your Hearse=Watershed
Ghost Reveries
Damnation

I still feel strange to put My arms at fouth I may be do something like

Morningrise=Orchid=My Arms Your Hearse=Watershed :lol:

aww.. That's difficult...

Changes every day. Actually, probably every hour. This morning I would have probably said Morningrise, but right this second I'd go with Still Life. Tomorrow it'll probably be Deliverance.

Now it's "Ghost Reveries". Much more favourite than any other. I think it's my one and only favourite album at all, not just Opeth.

But... gotta wait to 3rd of June and then vote again!

Any one note a pattern in the vote? MAYH, SL and BWP all having the highest vote, surely its not coincidence that these albums are rated highest amongst fans, mikes most creative years. Any artist would give his right bollock to have an one of these albums under their belt but for the same guy to write all 3? Thats the hand of god

Although I'm not a big fan of morningrise (bwp/sl/del all the way!) I am still surprised to see how few votes it has considering many people refer to it as the 'magnum opus'.