Best Albums of 2003...IYO

DisTortorous

In Need of Self-Discovery
May 24, 2002
Frederick MD
We've progressed into this year enough to comment on some of the albums/coming albums, haven't we? High time, these are the best albums of this year so far, IMo.

Stratovarius - Elements Pt. 1
Kamelot - Epica
Dream Evil - Evlized

I am a power metal freak, yes, but I have really only been buying old Death metal recently, haven't heard of much from this year.

Negura Bunget "N' Crugu Bradului"
Darkthrone "Hate Them"
Naglfar "Sheol" is good as well but I'm not sure it'd make it into my top 10 at the end of the year.

I am currently listening to promos of the new Enslaved, Mysterium and Elend records. We'll see.

NP: Enslaved "The Crossing"

Power metal is ...baaah.. :cry:

Mine:
Apolyptica - Reflections
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
Ajattara - Kuolema
Finntroll's, Children's, Emperor's, Evergrey's, The Haunted's, Lordi's, Marduk's, Moonsorrow's, Opeth's and Skyfire's new albums are quite allright as well.
(That's right, I had to check which cd's where this year's. And yes I am back into dl'ing. :p)

Reactions: Caelestia
OMG OMG OMG Damnation!
no actually I don't have it and don't plan to

SYL-SYL
Amorphis-Far from the sun(when it's released)

does anybody know where i can find a list of metal records already out this year or scheduled to be out before the end of 2003? not that i need it to decide what's best, i'm just curious... ;)

rahvin.

Qsilver said:
http://www.imperiumi.net/rel_2.php?qs=new
There's some kind of list of releases.
It's in finnish so you need to know little of it first. Here's the basic course in finnish for you:
Tammi Helmi...Joulu are months January February...December. Click them and you get.. well, a list of releases for that month :)
according to that site, dark tranquillity released the dvd "live in krakow" on the 24th of february. :Smug: :p

Miolo

uhmmmm let;s see...

I think that for me the best release so far this year is Nightingales's Alive Again...

also i love Kari Rueslatten's Pilot :)

fathervic (looking forward for new Apocalyptica :rolleyes: )

Evergreys "Recreation Day" is by far the best albun this year. Soilworks FNF and Children of Bodoms HCDR are also pretty good.

So far these are the nominees:

Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll
Opeth - Damnation
The Haunted - One Kill Wonder
Soilwork - Figure Number Five

And there are still more to come:

Dimension Zero - This is Hell
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion

The Haunted - One Kill Wonder
Opeth - Damnation

...and as usual with lists I'm forgetting LOTS! But albums I'm REALLY looking forward to include Metallica's and Iron Maiden's new ones... ;)

opeth - damnation
evergrey - recreation day
overkill - killbox 13
the haunted - one kill wonder
god dethroned - into the lungs of hell
children of bodom - hate crew deathroll