Best Amon Amarth memories

Mordnir

New Metal Member
Jan 1, 2010
My best Amon Amarth memory is when I saw them on April 24th, 2009 (3 days after my 18th birthday) in Allentown at a small venue called the 'Croc Rock'. Tickets were a birthday present from a good freind and it was my first concert ever. I was almost front row, the gate was in reaching distance, and the sound of the bass blew my mind. I had been a huge Amon fan before the concert, and afterwards I was an even bigger one. It was the best birthday present I could have ever gotten. Since I already thanked my friend, there are a few more guys I'd like to thank...

Thank you SO much, Amon Amarth, and the crew for making my 18'th birthday the best birthday of my life. You guys made it so awesome, it inspired me to start a band with my friends, and we are currently still together, writing new stuff every now and then.

Once again, Thanks guys, Never stop the rock until the Ragnorök! :headbang:

I only really have the one. I saw them on November 22 in Zurich, Switzerland. It was a small gig, maybe 700 people but I loved that aspect. I managed to get up right close to the fencing too and it was just legendary in every aspect. They played every song I loved except Pursuit so I was disappointed as they left but then they came back for the encore and fuck me, Olavi started the opening bit of it and Johan said something like "we know there's a little viking in all of you", they played it and it was the biggest damn adrenaline rush I ever had.
I'd never seen any concert before that either. Its like losing your virginity to Venus herself.

My experience,prolly isnt as much as yalls but it was still great because it was me and my 2 brothers,my little brother actually sold his favorite guitar so we could go since we had to drive halfway across Texas. But it was really cool because my middle brother,while he goes to shows never really gets into it,he's the more quiet and responsible one of us. But i will be damned if he didnt push his way thru the crowd to get by the stage,first time i ever seen him do that,and it made my birthday to see him really truely enjoy himself. Killer show to,cant remember all the songs,but I do remember almost missing the encore getting tangled up at the bar settling my tab.

I've seen them twice and been in the front row both times...awesome, both times. The first time I saw them I reached out to Johan, I forget during what song, and he grabbed my hand. That was cool, because he ignored everyone else. I guess it helps that I probably had the longest arms of anyone in the front row...

First time I saw them, when they played 'Victorious March'. That was hot.

Also, when my girlfriend did her boob dance when we were chatting to Johan, and he threw his head back and laughed that hearty laugh.

First time we ever met, my brother and I were driving around when we saw the two Johans walking out of a Chinese restaurant(this was December 07 at the Troc), fun show, no wait....December 06 I think.

Two days later at the Irving Plaza show, we went to the show, but by the time we got to the venue, the show was sold out, but luckily, a guy had two tickets he needed to get rid of, so we took them(awesome guy <3), so we walked around, and wound up running into AA. Hegg says to us,"Hey, it's those guys from Philly. Um...where's that red car?" (as we had a really shitty red car back then). After that, we went to lunch with AA, fun times.

Seeing them for the first time live on the first night of Bloodshed Over Bochum, with a bunch of people who I had just met for the first time from all over the world!

While they weren't headlining...I remember very clearly in 2005, it was my very first concert, and I was so pumped for what was about to happen...

I remember AA opening with An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm and the entire floor swaying and moving, and with all the chaos, there was a sense of passion between the band and the crowd, it just made everything feel utterly phenominal!

Neither the support band, nor the headliner (Children of Bodom) could match that powerful feeling for me. It has happened all three times I've been fortunate enough to see Amon Amarth. Though I feel that energy with other bands, the fact that Amon Amarth was my very first band makes it a little more sentimental to me.

I've only been able to see these guys once, at the legendary Peabody's In Cleveland. The show kicked ass, and I knew the bouncer at the door, so I didn't get marked and had access to the bar. They put on one hell of a show, from what I remember, and I vaguely recall the opening band rocking too(I was blacked out until about half way through AA's set sadly). Great shit, I can't wait for these guys to come back stateside with a tour.

I saw them only once, almost 1 year ago, on January the 24th, 2009, in Barcelona. I will never forget that night... to see them in live, listening to their music... The guys drove myself and the rest of the audience crazy... Absolutely brutal! Wow, it was one of the best days of all my life, and the best concert I've ever been to, without a doubt! All I want is to see them again... as soon as possible! :D

My favorite memory is probably when Johan and Ted did a puppet show with me that ended in Johan cutting off my hand.

Can't wait to see them again next time they come through Chicago.

First time I saw them, in the Glasgow leg of the unholy alliance with Slayer, was pretty good...

but seeing them in my own hometown, playing Metalway festival (a rather "young" and insignificant metal festival in the grand scheme of things) was even better- an honour may I say!

When i met them at the milwaukee metalfest before they played i got a chance to talk to johan about beer and what he thought about the beer here he replied I like Samuel adams so far. I told them to stay away from Milwaukees best. They killed it on stage this was when The crusher just came out.