Best amp sim for clean tones?

I think that your interface/ preamp is going to be even more important than the modeler for tracking clean tone
s.

How are getting your signal into the computer?

i just got podfarm and havent spent much time with the clean stuff, but my fav so far has been waves gtr for clean and light pushed stuff.

couldn't say anything good about revalver for cleans.

but didnt amplitube just release the fender version?

from all the ones i have i find gearbox (ie: pod farm - newer version) has the clean tones that suit my needs. they just sound the most natural.

i dont know..maybe its just me but i fucking hate guitar rig. it sounds like a fart & looks like dog doo doo. ive tried guitar rig 1,2 & 3 and i really hate it! i dont know why.

amplitube is sweet for soloing type stuff and for just pure raw metal i have to say studio devil's virtual guitar amp. it sounds the most natural for distorted guitars.

but ya...go with podfarm / gearbox - you wont go wrong.

oh and amplitube fender is a load of shit too. i bought the package thinking i could get the tone of our deville's and deluxes in college and it really does not deliver. i think fenders like them cant be emulated. their clean tone is to do with hard wiring and valves and having a physical amp there in front of you. and the metal preset in amplitube fender is horrible!

I have plenty of nice pres and DI boxes all through crane song A/D, Signal path isn't an issue.

Maybe I'll just look into Podfarm again. I've been impressed a few times in the past when people have brought Line 6 amps in for cleans.

Anyone have any clips?

With cleans I actually really like to have it dry and to compress and eq the Di track instead of using a sim, I've not liked any of the amp sims I tried for cleans.
Give it a go, might be the sound you're looking for

With cleans I actually really like to have it dry and to compress and eq the Di track instead of using a sim, I've not liked any of the amp sims I tried for cleans.
Give it a go, might be the sound you're looking for

That's actually exactly what I don't want. It all comes down to personal preference, but I'm not really a huge fan of the cleans in the clip Ermz posted because it sounds like I could get that tone just working with the DIs. I'm looking for something with some variety and lots of different strong colors.

Check this sample of a clean tone I got that I was pretty happy with. It's the first song about 1:25 in.

If I can find an "in the box" solution I'm happy with I think it might spur some more inspiration and allow me to dial in some more unique tones through out an album.