Best Band Playing Madfest

Well, as the promoter i won't comment on this but i will say this, From top to bottome they were all amazing and their shows were awesome, so i gotta say they were all great.

Honestly there is no way I could pick between DE, Outworld, and Meyvn. Those are the bands I went to see and those are the bands that handed me my ass. Krucible was really good to, but I had a harder time getting into them since I only had one track of their original material.

I think John or Schizoid Man should edit the post with a poll, one choice for each band.

Mindflow, Krucible, Outworld, Meyvn, Magistral, Dark Empire, SMC, Eternity Black, Prymary... :headbang:

oh wait, you said 'one' band, right? crap. making me choose... :erk:

maybe later I can decide.

To be fair, I didn't stick around for Mindflow (kid was ready to go, long weekend).

I'm having a hard time picking between Meyvn, Krucible, and SMC.

SMC has some great songs (and great lyrics, especially if you're into history) and I'm surprised they're not getting more talk on here.

I've been looking forward to Krucible for a long time, and they didn't disappoint.

And Meyvn... I didn't know anything about them at all, sans the four songs on their myspace. Wow. I'll be following these guys.

I'll be following 'em all, really. Nobody sucked. Shit, Nobody was below "excellent". This is just my top three based solely on my personal tastes.

I am FURIOUS that Magistral escaped without letting me buy their album! YOU FUCKERS BETTER SEND SOME TO LANCE SO I CAN GET ONE!!!

I really wanna try to pick a favorite. But this is hard. Here's what I'll do:

SCALE THE SUMMIT
Where the fuckin' hell did these guys come from? Suprise of the weekend! These kids look like rookies, like n00bs... and then they come out with impecable precision and ability! Fascinating! If they're this good at this age, I cannot imagine what they'd be capable of a few albums down the road! I'm so glad I found these guys! In a few years, the whole world will know what we know.

ETERNITY BLACK
I totally wanna drink a shit-ton of beer with these guys. I was far too busy to jump out in front and absorb them, but from the back, they were a wonderful suprise. Hella heavy, tighter than a noose, a well-oiled machine made of METAL. I really wanna see them again, but from the front row!

MEYVN
Invincible. You couldn't stop them if the thunderstorm killed the power! The band I most anticipated seeing, and easily met my expectations. Ruthless speed. Drew, you were giving Rusty a little competition!!!

KRUCIBLE
Three words, folks - WORLD CLASS BAND. Send their asses to Wacken Open Air, and let em headline. NOW! That was a band without a flaw. I enjoyed everything about them. Lance is King! I can't believe they put on a performance like that with TWO rehearsals! When that album is released.... heh heh....

OUTWORLD
Okay, who WASN'T awestruck by Rusty's abilities? I am so very very glad that Carlos' Visa issues did not interfere with this festival, because I think this guy was bred, born, and raised to be a fuckin rock star. Absolutely brilliant, and the prototype to which every front man should compare his stage performance. RUSTY IS THE COOLEST CAT UNDER FIRE! The man had his gear fighting with him, he had to rip apart his rig to keep the show going, and did it without skipping a step. If either of my guitarists had that kind of problems with their rigs, show would be over. NOT OUTWORLD!!! Shit no! Absolutely professional, and couldn't phase them. There ain't shit they couldn't conquer. There's a reason guitarists have been talking about Rusty Cooley for years now. The man is unequaled.

DARK EMPIRE
The other band I was highly anticipating from buying their album and absorbing almost with religious regularity. Man oh man.... if they come to Detroit, I wanna be handcuffed to the front of the stage so nobody can drag me away! This is a band that you cannot stay still, and watch them perform. They automatically make you bang your head. Just.... just throw the horns in the air, and thrash away til your neck fails!!!

SIX MINUTE CENTURY
UNDER A GLASS FUCKIN MOOOOON! That made the whole festival for me! These guys are so fuckin' perfect. That's how a progressive metal band does it, folks. Just sit back and watch the wizardry and brilliant songwriting. It's like a hand grenade of sheer talent went off!

MAGISTRAL
Unbelievably entertaining. Chile is missing out! Shouldn't have let them escape, cuz Houston has stolen that country's greatest export!!! I wish I got an album before everything got packed away.... so fuckin pissed.... HURRY UP AND TOUR, you guys! Git yer asses to Atlanta!!!

PRYMARY
Guys.... seriously... I'm very very sorry I was so busy, cuz I wanted to camp out for your whole setlist. You guys were easily the most musically-satisfying band for me. I loved it. Another band who I shoulda got albums of before the stuff was all packed away.

MINDFLOW
Words can't describe it. Beyond my ability to translate. Seriously. Good luck guys, I hope you conquer America and Europe, and I hope every human being in the world realise how fucking brilliant you are. DIEGO IS THE MAN WITH THE PLAN. He will lead you boys to greatness.

Well said, Bryan! I can't a favorite either, promoter or not! I loved each band for different reasons! Simply a fabulous weekend of pure metal awesomeness! Is that a word? lol! \m/

I missed the first night, but listened online...

But the bands were all great that I saw, but MindFlow has something very special about them... We bought there CD they were that good, I'll be supporting them when they come to Hollywood next month....

Rob / PRYMARY

DARK EMPIRE
The other band I was highly anticipating from buying their album and absorbing almost with religious regularity. Man oh man.... if they come to Detroit, I wanna be handcuffed to the front of the stage so nobody can drag me away! This is a band that you cannot stay still, and watch them perform. They automatically make you bang your head. Just.... just throw the horns in the air, and thrash away til your neck fails!!!

great to see another michigander whose a DE fan. I have some heresay that they are trying to go to Michigan on tour.
*crosses fingers*

I wish something like madfest would be in Michigan. All the bands that played sound great. I wish I was there.

DARK EMPIRE

great to see another michigander whose a DE fan. I have some heresay that they are trying to go to Michigan on tour.
*crosses fingers*

I wish something like madfest would be in Michigan. All the bands that played sound great. I wish I was there.

Indeed, Dark Empire ruled! I'm chomping at the bit for Humanity Dethroned to be released officially - its killin' me! haha! I bet Detroit would be an easy stop for DE on a tour as they have plenty of connections there.:heh:
And funny thing, Madfest started in Michigan in 2006. :lol: I'm glad you liked the line-up from the '07 show! Perhaps there will be a Madfest '08 a little closer to your neck of the woods ;)