Best Bass player ever.

if i ahd to say the best id say les claypool, i mean that guy just dominates, heres some others i think totally rock,
frank bello
geezer butler
cliff burton
david ellefson
rex from pantera
the bassist dude from cannibal corpse
beefcake from gwar
im sure theres so many i forgot

Not that i'm totally opposed to it but,, well ok i am,

Lets read the title folks, lists have their place, who do you view as the BEST SINGLE PLAYER Ever,

Figure out who tops your list, posth their name (and band if the band is unknown) and leave the rest of the shit off.

Being a bass player... noone tops ryan martinie from mudvayne. He has his own thing going. He is a true performeras well. Seeing him live is incredible.

ryan from mudvayne is the only reason i like that band, he is a great stage act and is an incredible bassist, id like to see him get witha good deal metal band or something to that extent

Well, the obvious ones are Steve Harris and Cliff Burton, both fantastic bass-players, but I'd also include John Myung, Billy Sheehan, and Matt Bissonette...

SADUDE said:
Being a bass player... noone tops ryan martinie from mudvayne. He has his own thing going. He is a true performeras well. Seeing him live is incredible.

HAHA hes a fucking RIPPOFF!
Ever heard Marcus Kolar from Sarcophagus?I think not idiot.

Jesus Christ every bassist has been named 6 times! Hasn't anybody heard of Stu Hamm? You havn't heard bass until you go on whatever music dowloading program and get a live bass solo from him, amazing stuff!

Damn it, you're absolutely right, I forgot to mention Stu Hamm!! This guy's definitely one of the most talented bass-players in the industry. Listen to his work with Satriani, and prepare to be floored!